Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by StroppyChops »

Interesting theory. Australia's chief demographer claims (no citation, it's late) - along with others in academia - that what we term as GensY/Z are the first generations to be born with an absence of empathy - that is, many of these would step over a fellow human dying in the street with no psychological toll. Obviously empathy is party of social conditioning - and I often wonder whether this has a direct correlation to society's growing absence of faith in a deity, which psychiatry usually argues is part of the normal human condition.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Gotta disagree with you there mate. Our country was founded on a lack of empathy. "You can't afford to eat and you stole a loaf of bread? Off to the colonies for life you bludging Irish prick"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Hotdigr wrote:Gotta disagree with you there mate. Our country was founded on a lack of empathy. "You can't afford to eat and you stole a loaf of bread? Off to the colonies for life you bludging Irish prick"
Yeah, but that was by the NGOers of the day, mounted on their Lexus thoroughbreds and leading their chai latte troopers one, two, three. The Micks had empathy...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

maybe. maybe its just a lack of sympathy that has been the problem with the older generations. We( they) believed in "spare the rod, spoil the child"?
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

I was amazed when a muslim MP ( George Galloway) suggested Bradford UK become an "Israel Free Zone" . Declaring a " muslim free zone" would have resulted in riots. When campaigning to be elected in the hugely muslim Bradford, he was promoting himself as a good muslim. That's the first time I'd ever heard religion being used to win votes in the UK.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

UKJ wrote:I was amazed when a muslim MP ( George Galloway) suggested Bradford UK become an "Israel Free Zone" . Declaring a " muslim free zone" would have resulted in riots. When campaigning to be elected in the hugely muslim Bradford, he was promoting himself as a good muslim. That's the first time I'd ever heard religion being used to win votes in the UK.
How about an MP free zone. Then everybody would be a winner...
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

I forgot to post the link.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 53894.html

And Baroness Warsi, the bent first muslim MP resigned and has warned the tories they have to kow tow to ethnic minorities ( read muslims! ).
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:Interesting theory. Australia's chief demographer claims (no citation, it's late) - along with others in academia - that what we term as GensY/Z are the first generations to be born with an absence of empathy - that is, many of these would step over a fellow human dying in the street with no psychological toll. Obviously empathy is party of social conditioning - and I often wonder whether this has a direct correlation to society's growing absence of faith in a deity, which psychiatry usually argues is part of the normal human condition.
Fuck you and your "soul saving" efforts. Humanism, when applied, is every bit as effective in promoting anf practicing empathy as your "threat of damnation" spiel that you lay on potential converts. Always that imposing background threat.

Your way aint the only way, brother...in fact, it's the wrong way if you obviously have to threaten people into believe in your shite program...

Go home, asshole...and try converting educated urban Aussies who will inevitably slam the door in your face...and that's the real reason why you're here - massively unlevel "spiritual" playing field with you and your resources and trinkets....and then you, you of all people, criticize NGOs?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

dagenham wrote:
Fuck you and your "soul saving" efforts. Humanism, when applied, is every bit as effective in promoting anf practicing empathy as your "threat of damnation" spiel that you lay on potential converts. Always that imposing background threat.
mostly ignoring your complete lack of humanism in your claim that humanism is the solution... tell me please, what part of taught humanism will prevent someone from going on a mass killing spree and then using suicide as an out to avoid any kind of punishment? belief in themselves as a human will have, by that point, become meaningless... while belief in some skyman waiting to toss them into a pool of fire when little red men poke them up the ass with spears for the rest of eternity might make them hesitate a little longer.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Personally, I don't see why I can't hate BOTH Christianity and Islam.

Both, like Judaism, came from the crappiest part of the planet, and the fairy-stories are just twaddle.

I find it amusing that Christians, especially in the NATO fold, laugh at ragheads, but Jesus and Abraham were also ragheads.

Send them into the desert sans water.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic