Great Burgers! (GG Burgers, Phnom Penh)

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Great Burgers! (GG Burgers, Phnom Penh)

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Rama wrote:
Mrs Stroppy wrote:Image
This the the Brooklyn Pizza bacon and cheese burger, cost was $6.90 (from memory) and it was so good!!!!
Just wish Brooklyn would give some damned French fries with it! And maybe a side of coleslaw?

FreeBird do a good burger. As does the new Lone Pine Cafe...Both come with chips or french fries.
Oh, those potatoes are too die for, seriously good! I'd take these over fries every time!
Using Tapatalk
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

Different strokes for different folks.
On its own is a quality burger.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

One good thing about Freebird is indeed its burgers. But honestly, I find the best burgers I've eaten in Cambodia have been my own... Pro-tip: buy the ground beef from smokey da boar. He must have the fat content percentage down to a tee because it really makes for good burgers (although a bit fatty for my taste, they're damn good). I've yet to try the smashburger at Garage but the regular sous-vide burger definitely wasn't for me. Lonestar is decent. Larry's is also quite good, albeit a bit pricier than other options.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Had the FJFNY burger last night ($7.90) was even better than the bacon burger!
Using Tapatalk
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

Yesterday I had a bit of a nice surprise. I went to the Sokmex just outside of Kampong Chhnang and had one of their burgers. These are a real crap shoot. Sometimes the patty is like an overcooked hokey puck. Yesterday the burger was cooked to perfection and the bun toasted with a nice slather of butter. I did bring my own mustard. They only have katsup.For 8000 reil it was a simple excellent burger.

When burgers are 7,8,9 dollars and up you might as well eat a proper meal. Like Beef Wellington with salad vegetables and potatoes for $9.75.

picooie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic