WTF Is Going On In Thailand ?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

WTF Is Going On In Thailand ?

Post by wackyjacky »

BKK Designates 1 Parking Lot Floor for Women & Children

This and the railroad's "Rape Free' car have got me thinking. I've never heard or read much about it. Are there lots of attacks on women and children in BKK's PLs ? Are they copying India ? Why don't they just add more security ? LINK: http://threadtripping.boardingarea.com/ ... st-airport
Last edited by wackyjacky on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
UKJ
Expatriate

Re: WTF Is Going On In Thailand ?

Post by UKJ »

wackyjacky wrote:BKK Designates 1 Parking Lot Floor for Women & Children

This and the railroad's "rape Free' car have got me thinking. I've never heard or read much about it. Are there lots of attacks on women and children in BKK's PLs ? Are they copying India ? Why don't they just add more security ? LINK: http://threadtripping.boardingarea.c...-first-airport
Link won't work.

Is it maybe just a floor nearer the shops and with wider parking bays to unload prams etc? They have that in the UK. Women and child spaces.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I can understand how public parking garages can seem like threatening places, especially for women alone. I don't believe this is in response to any threat particular to Thailand. It's just another selling point to get women into your mall to spend money. Makes sense everywhere.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

adding more security ?

the worst scumbags by far in an anyway rather asocial society are the

- security
- construction workers.

the highest danger (by far) to be
- killed
- robbed
- raped
- harrassed
is from the "security" / construction freakshow.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

What's to keep security from going hog wild in the 'Rape Free Car' or the 'Women & Children's Floor' ? The problem is that they don't pay shit and the fucker's don't care if they're canned.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

This may be indicative. Surely you guys have heard Thai girls say they are frightened of getting in a Bangkok taxi alone? They also do not like to live in an apartment building with lots of Thai men. They don't like living in a neighbourhood with "lots of Thai men" who hang out in the pool halls, karaokes and soi-side drinking places. They most certainly don't like going into clubs or restaurants alone.

In summary, there's a great mistrust of Thai men, according to many Thai ladies I've talked to. So there must be reasons. Those reasons include being robbed, physically assaulted, raped, etc. I don't think this is anything new, it's just that some authorities are actually trying to provide a morsel of safety. Could be military inspired. I don't know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic