Prey Veng Deputy Commissioner's Son Charged with Kidnapping a Woman for use as Sex Slave

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Prey Veng Deputy Commissioner's Son Charged with Kidnapping a Woman for use as Sex Slave

Post by angkorjohn »

violet wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:38 am
frank lee bent wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 pm
You want to obtain/view video footage of a woman being held as a sex slave and being raped repeatedly?
he did not say that at all.
why try to twist his words?
pretty strange.
I didn't 'try' to twist his words. It is how I interpreted them. Perhaps because I have spent too long in the company of TOF. Misunderstandings are common in written word, you know? Why not translate if you understand differently?
I would guess that sure is the case Miss Violet. What he meant (and how everyone else bar you interpreted it) is that the Police are looking into it so sure if this sick fuck has done it more than likely he filmed it ergo there is the evidence enough to give him the sentence he deserved.

You gotta have a strange mind to twist it the way you thought.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prey Veng Deputy Commissioner's Son Charged with Kidnapping a Woman for use as Sex Slave

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

May 11, 2018
Cop arrested after rape allegations

A police officer, who is the son of the deputy police chief in Prey Veng province, was arrested yesterday for allegedly raping and confining a woman for more than four months at a rental house in Kampong Trabek district.

Major General Chea Sreng, chief of Prey Veng provincial police, identified the suspect as Second Lieutenant Dim Makara, 25, a Prey Veng provincial police officer and son of Brigadier General Dim Yarom, deputy chief of Prey Veng provincial police in charge of the criminal investigation department.

“We did not take into account the fact he is the son of a provincial police official. If he has committed an offence, he will be arrested and face the laws the same as everyone else,” he said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50488504/c ... legations/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

May 14, 2018
Cop faces 35 years over rape, kidnapping

Prey Veng Provincial Court on Saturday charged a provincial police officer over the kidnapping and rape of a woman over the course of months at a rental home in Kampong Trabek district.

Prosecutor Meas Sopheat confirmed yesterday that the court charged Dim Makara, 25, a provincial police officer and the son of Brigadier General Dim Yarom, deputy chief of Prey Veng provincial police in charge of the criminal investigation department.

Mr Sopheat said the accused was charged over the rape and kidnapping of a woman over the course of four months.
“We have decided to charge and jail him,” Mr Sopheak said. “He’s been charged with rape, kidnapping and unlawfully keeping a person in captivity.”

The accused was arrested on Thursday after a report was filed by the victim. If found guilty, the accused faces up to 35 years in prison.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50489115/c ... idnapping/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

imagine what his dad is up to......
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
mehfisto
BANNED
Australia

Post by mehfisto »

The trial and sentence mean nothing if he one day before the 35 years is up he is no longer in prison. Showcasing, perhaps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic