Weed in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Weed in Cambodia

Post by frank lee bent »

Why is it so crap?

They have grown it for thousands of years and the mexican stuff we got circa 1969 was cheaper and better than the compost like rubbish they risibly describe as "flowers, sir"

They feed it to pigs and people, why can't they get it right?

I got good sticky black hash in SV which was half opium and $10/gram, probably organised by the tovarischki.

For the rest- never seen any good.
You?
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Re: Weed in Cambodia

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

frank lee bent wrote:Why is it so crap?

They have grown it for thousands of years and the mexican stuff we got circa 1969 was cheaper and better than the compost like rubbish they risibly describe as "flowers, sir"

They feed it to pigs and people, why can't they get it right?

I got good sticky black hash in SV which was half opium and $10/gram, probably organised by the tovarischki.

For the rest- never seen any good.
You?
Yeah, when you buy the shit off a tuk tuk driver,..what do you expect? Joking aside. Sounds like you are in need of a better dealer.

I have long since traded in quality for value and quantity. I am looking at the buds I got now, by no means are they great, but it isn't like the shit is bad. I would say the amount that I get for $10 would still, to this very day, go for about 25$ back in America, where great medical quality weed is available and getting cheaper as legalization sweeps through.

My dealer is a 60+ year old Khmer lady over at ......PM me
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Thanks!

I approached my oral surgeon at a very well know clinic to set up a legal grow under license for legit export- oh man- you would have thought i was suggesting a baby BBQ!
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

frank lee bent wrote:Why is it so crap?
because
1.They harvest too soon.
2. They dry it in the sun.
3. They don't wrap it in plastic to keep it fresh. If they put it in a plastic bag, it's usually full of holes and left open.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

In addition to lack of quality control as mentioned above, it is likely that most, if not all, of the top quality cannabis produce is earmarked by smugglers for export to the international market where profits will be higher, leaving local dealers and consumers with little choice but to purchase inferior gear. :cry:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

some of it is run through a sugar press to get most of
the water out of it. Along with the water goes any crystals
that may have been on the bud.

growing outside is a problem. When the buds get sticky with
resin, they get rained on with the air pollution which is mostly
coal dust, but that contains mercury. Smoking mercury is pobably
the most damaging way to ingest it.
Mooser
Expatriate

Post by Mooser »

Seen some different strains in ko rong, I live in Canada and see some qualityweed. The hippies brought in the seeds from the west. It was quality. :Yahoo!:
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Hey I hear they say that the local weed minds with your fuck.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Anyone who has grown knows that bugs are a problem even in the states indoors. Here in the tropics there are a lot more bugs the plants are sprayed with pesticides during growth and even after it is dried.
The strain here is has very little THC.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

:hattip:
Last edited by franzjaeger on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic