What precautions do you take when traveling abroad with a Cambodian woman?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: What precautions do you take when traveling abroad with a Cambodian woman?

Post by that genius »

Khmer women have radar, or, to coin a phrase, sreydar.

You can be miles away, a beautiful woman walks past..you look...the phone rings...what are you doing? Where are you?

Long before the internet, microchip implants and GPS existed, there was sreydar.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Brody wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:02 am
For all we know if CN had gotten trapped in that train and was hurtled down the tracks to a far away station, his flesh companion would have been pitifully bereft and at the mercy of cruel fate.

For all we know a malevolently opportunistic scumbag could have stepped in and she'd now be wearing a hijab and scrubbing toilets somewhere in Riyadh.
Or chained to the bed in a Belgian basement.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

logos wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:36 pm
Brody wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:02 am
For all we know if CN had gotten trapped in that train and was hurtled down the tracks to a far away station, his flesh companion would have been pitifully bereft and at the mercy of cruel fate.

For all we know a malevolently opportunistic scumbag could have stepped in and she'd now be wearing a hijab and scrubbing toilets somewhere in Riyadh.
Or chained to the bed in a Belgian basement.
logos, always the adventurer, expands his area of exploring fantasy to the female sex. :wink:
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

that genius wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:15 pm Khmer women have radar, or, to coin a phrase, sreydar.

You can be miles away, a beautiful woman walks past..you look...the phone rings...what are you doing? Where are you?

Long before the internet, microchip implants and GPS existed, there was sreydar.
That explains why the phone rings every time I'm halfway through an oil massage.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

kptic wrote:
that genius wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:15 pm Khmer women have radar, or, to coin a phrase, sreydar.

That explains why the phone rings every time I'm halfway through an oil massage.
Her sreydar works differently. I’m in the middle of having a sandwich for lunch, phone rings. She asks how’s my sandwich taste. Or I miss her call because I’m in the bathroom. She calls back and tells me I’ve had too much diarrhea since this morning. Is it because of some bad food from the province? Too much prahok last night?

How’s an oil massage feel? See it offered at many places, but never tried one.
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:51 pm
kptic wrote:

Her sreydar works differently. I’m in the middle of having a sandwich for lunch, phone rings. She asks how’s my sandwich taste. Or I miss her call because I’m in the bathroom. She calls back and tells me I’ve had too much diarrhea since this morning. Is it because of some bad food from the province? Too much prahok last night?

How’s an oil massage feel? See it offered at many places, but never tried one.
I highly recommend a nice oil massage once in a while. :good:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:51 pm Or I miss her call because I’m in the bathroom. She calls back and tells me I’ve had too much diarrhea since this morning. Is it because of some bad food from the province? Too much prahok last night?

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

is this a real girlfriend or an imaginary one? lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:18 am is this a real girlfriend or an imaginary one? lol
I think it's the same one for whom he once wanted help finding a morning after pill as he was in the US at the time :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic