World's Saddest Polar Bear.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: World's Saddest Polar Bear.

Post by Sailorman »

Right, Black, give that man a cookie. Its part of how they stay warm. That and two types of hair and fat. I had an Eskimo friend that had a polar bear coat and a hat made out of a polar bear foot. The claws were in the front of the hat. Polar bear hair is treasured by salmon fishermen in Alaska and British Columbia as they make trolling lures out of the hair that when trolled look like little fish (Candle Fish.) I used to have a recipe for Corned Bear meat, but that was for black/brown bear meat.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

ali baba wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:At least he had AC, compare him to the polar bear in singapore zoo, where their fur turned dirty brown due to the tropical heat, thats truly torture for a polar bear.
It has an air conditioned room adjoining it's enclosure.
Im pretty sure its closed off during much of the "display" times to maximise exposure to audience, i could be wrong but still anytime exposed in tropical heat is a torture
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Well they feed her in the pool area with seating for several hundred people, which allows for plenty of exposure. I don't think the Singaporeans are cruel enough to force the bear into the sun and it would be dumb and short sighted to risk its health that way.
Scarier than malaria.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

Image And the worlds happiest polar bear :bow:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

and drunkiest :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I really like Rum, but once a friend here in Snookyville gave me a birthday present of Bundaburg rum. I took one drink and haven't touched the bottle since. Its the worst rum I have ever tasted.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

bolueeleh wrote:At least he had AC, compare him to the polar bear in singapore zoo, where their fur turned dirty brown due to the tropical heat, thats truly torture for a polar bear.
Arctic temperatures: Image

There is a petition to close the Grandview Aquarium: https://www.animalsasia.org/us/media/ne ... lfies.html
But who knows what will happen to Pizza.I'm not sure what you can do with a polar bear that's been living in captivity. You can't just release it on an iceberg. There should be a sort of hospice for polar bears.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Update for animal lovers who were wondering if Pizza, the world's saddest polar bear, has committed suicide yet. Fortunately, he has been reunited with his mother. Unfortunately, they are living at Tianjin Haichang Polar Ocean World in the north of China.
Still, things could be worse for Pizza, and the Grandview Mall polar exhibit remains closed.

Where's Pizza now ?
11 May 2018
It’s been nearly two years since the wider public learned about Pizza, a polar bear who was found living in deplorable conditions at an aquarium in the Grandview Mall in Guangzhou, a city in southern China. The three-year-old bear became the focus of global media attention in the summer of 2016 after footage surfaced of him alone, lying in his bare, concrete enclosure at the shopping mall. Another video showed him swinging his head and biting and pawing at an air vent—behaviors that signal distress.

Animal lovers jumped to his aid. More than a million people signed petitions calling for the release of the “world’s saddest polar bear,” and 50 nonprofit organizations sent a letter to Zhu Xiaodan, the governor of Guangzhou Province, asking him to remove Pizza from the mall. A wildlife park in Doncaster, England, even said it would take in Pizza—an offer wildlife NGOs supported but the mall rejected.

Then a couple of months later, in November, Grandview Mall posted on social media that Pizza has been well cared for but would temporarily be sent back to his birthplace—later determined to be Tianjin Haichang Polar Ocean World, an aquarium in northern China—so the mall could upgrade his exhibit. A spokesman for Grandview later said Pizza would return in June 2017.
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... -aquarium/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A Happy Pizza
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
johnjayson
Tourist
Martinique

Post by johnjayson »

This is just in my point of view but i don't like zoo because captivating animals just for people look at them are somewhat harsh to me, the feeling of guilty goes over my head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic