Best burger near Riverside in Phnom Penh?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best burger near Riverside in Phnom Penh?

Post by armchairlawyer »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:45 pm
that genius wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:34 pm Rustic is pretty good

Blue Dolphin, Sundance
There is no palatable food on Street 172.
That's not fair but it's true you have to be selective, both in the restaurant and the individual dish.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:00 pm That's not fair but it's true you have to be selective, both in the restaurant and the individual dish.
No, it's all rubbish food for deathpats.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Garage on 110 st always did good burgers, check their FB page https://www.facebook.com/GarageBarPhnomPenh/

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

No offence, but I had to laugh at their burgers..all that sous-vide/slow-cooked semi-chef approach, and the result was...meh. Way too much reality show-style and way too little result.

Hundreds of decent burgers in town, Long after Dark does a pretty good one.

gavinmac, no decent food on 172? Just because you saw no shirtless dishes, I guess. And one of your last posts had you concerned about dying...are you including yourself in the deathpat group? :)
jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by jaggop »

that genius wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:59 pm Hundreds of decent burgers in town, Long after Dark does a pretty good one.
Yeah, decent was probably the wrong word. I want a great burger - so yeah, I have had edible burgers at Riverside - but I am looking for something that makes me say "Wow, this is amazing" - and so far, only tried that out near TTP. So, looking for excellence at a cheap price close to me, I guess. Or I just have to bite the bullet and go all the way to Russian market once in a while
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

jaggop wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:20 pm
that genius wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:59 pm Hundreds of decent burgers in town, Long after Dark does a pretty good one.
Yeah, decent was probably the wrong word. I want a great burger - so yeah, I have had edible burgers at Riverside - but I am looking for something that makes me say "Wow, this is amazing" - and so far, only tried that out near TTP. So, looking for excellence at a cheap price close to me, I guess. Or I just have to bite the bullet and go all the way to Russian market once in a while
Have you had the roast beef sandwich at Buffalo Sister? It's excellent. (Also at TTP)
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Rustic is pretty good. I'm no huge burger fan but tried it once when they were the only place still open at night in the area and wasn't disappointed.

Best burger I ever had in pp was at Brooklyn pizza in TTP. Close to $10 but the wow factor was there.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

We should have a burger cook-off, like the chili cook-off Lonestar used to have.

settle this once and for all.

I'll enter my pepper-steak burger.

logos can enter his burgher, he'll enjoy that.
jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by jaggop »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:25 pm Have you had the roast beef sandwich at Buffalo Sister? It's excellent. (Also at TTP)
Hmm... no. I have had something at Buffalo Sister, but I think it was a steak with mash or something like that; I remember it as really good, though. I'll give that a try next time something takes me near TTP - it is my old neighbourhood after all, and quite a few nice restaurants around where quality is way higher than the price (L'Orchidée and Eleven One, apart from BBJ's).
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Half the fuckwit restaurants use buns bought at the local minimart, completely ignoring the effect of a decent bun.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic