Waitering/Waitressing in thailand takes on a new twist

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Waitering/Waitressing in thailand takes on a new twist

Post by phuketrichard »

one thing u cant ignore.
Thais love having fun... :beer3:

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Waitering/Waitressing in thailand takes on a new twist

Post by yong »

I live here 13 years I still cannot understand Thais. I’m sure most of us will never bring kids to s gay themed joint but just look at the video

For those who are curious this is a restaurant located in a big night market at the junction of Kaset-Nawamin / Ekkamai-Ramintra
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Isn't it compulsory in Thailand for all males over 18 years old to spend at least 3 months as a ladyboy?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Went to a food festival there once, long dance routine, nothing but transvestites

Thai govt officials complained about the % of gay TV many years back

Flew Thai Air once or twice, you'd never guess they have the best food and some of the most beautiful women in the world from the crap they serve and the effeminate poncey cabin attendants
Ringo3
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Ringo3 »

I wouldn't call them gay or ladyboys, I would call them camp.

For you ESLers:

Definition of camp
1 a : something so outrageously artificial, affected, inappropriate, or out-of-date as to be considered amusing This version of the play is camp: outrageous in concept and wild in its execution with double entendres flying every which way.
b : a style or mode of personal or creative expression that is absurdly exaggerated and often fuses elements of high and popular culture a movie that celebrates camp
2 : exaggerated effeminate mannerisms (as of speech or gesture)

It is almost obligatory for local bands up north to have a camp routine late in their show.
I never saw the humour in it, but the Thais seem to love it.
Looks like this restaurant does it full time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic