FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by Joon »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Joon wrote:What's with the double posting lately?
denial of service attack from gavin mac's IP address....

:evil:

kidding, still working on what's making the site/server stall.
Thanks for the heads-up, OD. I noticed it started roughly with GMack posting from the US! He's the culprit! :lol:
Hotdigr wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:^So who, in your original theory, was supposedly the other half of Joon's alleged theater of sockpuppetry? Maybe you were on to something but Joon is actually the puppet master and the other screen name you had in mind was, in fact, the sock puppet. Be especially on the lookout for backward spellings of known usernames, like nooJ, zneibocS, emanarofekojsinep, leiR_ti_gnipeeK, yobyalP etc. Then maybe you will crack the hidden code, Columbo !!!
Cracked your code dog boy - reknaw
Actually I'm curious to know too! I was accused of having created SCC as a sock over at K440. I find it extremely amusing and fascinating that people would think I'd go to that extent. I can err on the little crazy side but not schizo-crazy.

And beer is good, I can do beer! (with a little notice to free up my evening)
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Hotdigr wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:nogard egnaro has a nice ring to it...
Careful. Hotdigr might read that and take it as a vicious insult aimed intentionally and directly at him personally.
Nah, I only take offence when some wanker tries to insult me personally. And even then, only briefly, 'coz I sort of feel sorry for anyone that is that much of a wanker... understand mate?
You smell like soggy cabbages... ;-)
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Joon, I was only joking darln'! I know you are a real person, I just can't believe people picked on your English and said they could tell it was "Obviously" your 2nd language, when imo, your understanding and usage of english is equal to and in fact, better then, almost anyone on this site. OK I have fallen in love with your avatar (and "unfortunately" my missus doesn't drink and won't go to a bar with me, so we have some time to be alone. Albeit, we will have to ditch Stroppy and his missus after a while!) AND you like beer?! My perfect woman. I can see a short break in PP coming up soon!
And seriously DO ( thats code mate!) none of our cabbage is soggy!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

no, but your delivery guy's english isn't to swell... to the point i had to go meet him at the end of the road because he couldn't understand the directions, lol. luckily enough that worked out ok because i ended up having to run to charlie harpers anyway.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

What didn't you understand about "Spasibo comrade!" Bloody yanks. I thought NY was the melting pot of the world!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Hotdigr wrote:What didn't you understand about "Spasibo comrade!" Bloody yanks. I thought NY was the melting pot of the world!
it's a big place, never been to ny, and my russian is worse than his english.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

lol, thats why most of our communication is in (very) broken Khmer!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

i'm always a little surprised by the number of russians here who don't speak english at all or speak it very poorly. not from some egotistical "everyone should know english" view, but because it's the second language most khmer's here know.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

While I understand you aren't trying to be egotistical, it is a slightly one eyed point of view. Working in hospitality, I have met, Finns, Germans, French, Scandinavians, Turks, Greeks, Italians,Kiwi's, American rednecks and pommie Scousers! etc etc etc who don't speak English. And that was just in Australia. I'm sure you have come across the same in the states. Why should we expect them to be bi-lingual here in Cambodia? Broken Khmer seems a fair compromise to me.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Sorry fella's , I'm just in a contrary, argumentative mood tonight. I can't stop thinking about Joon and (almost) wishing I was single again!
No offence meant, even to you, Soi Dog. Goodnight and sweetdreams to you all ( Damn it, Joon is going to haunt me tonight!)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic