I need to lowdown on current 1 year visa reqs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: I need to lowdown on current 1 year visa reqs

Post by that genius »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 am 14 schools teaching english, ( and ALL in Yangon) in a country of 53,000,000, hardly alot of places or opportunities for others to get jobs.
Because my search string was 'English language centres Yangon'.

Perhaps there is someone who knows stuff you don't on one topic, in one of 10 ASEAN member countries, richard?

Anathema, I know.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

jamie.jerome wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:19 am
StroppyChops wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:11 am
John Bingham wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 pmSome young people come here attracted by the fancy veneer that has developed, but can't really handle anything that contradicts their myopic world-view and they don't tend to last long.
Would these be the ones that huddle in name-branded coffee shops, hunched over their meProducts with their buds in, desperately but futilely trying to block out the realities of Cambodia while they video-chat with friends and family back home about how they are saving the world?
Hah!

Honestly that was probably me on my 1st year in China. Though I do not know all there is to know about Cambodia by any stretch, have a good idea of what living as an expat is and I miss it very much.
To be fair that would probably have been the first year for all of us if smartphones and wifi (and branded coffee) were things when we started globally roaming.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
jamie.jerome
Tourist

Post by jamie.jerome »

Thanks to all of you who responded with helpful information.

I appreciate it a lot and hopefully this will put me in good stead when I make my next decision.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic