Even Extending Retirement EOS needs proof retirement

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Even Extending Retirement EOS needs proof retirement

Post by AndyKK »

taabarang wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:47 pm ". I also have been hearing rumours that new changers will require to show income of $2500 per month, combined monies in the bank and pension payments."

And what or who are the sources of these rumors? What credibility do you feel they have that merits their mention here?
How I do agree with you. Should have no mention if only hearsay or something I may have read somewhere. But at this time there is no proposed rate of income required, there may be in the future, at what price. At this time the visa side seems to have settled down. Hope it stays that way.
My nephew has just joined his wife and baby in Alaska. Sorting out his visa there has just cost him over $13.000. So, in reflection Cambodia is still a cheap deal.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

The agent in KK told me retirement age was 60 last week....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Brody wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:19 pm From TOF on Sunday
PSD_Kiwi wrote: Guy I know, 36 yrs old, received ER EOS 2 days ago, just remember it is up to YOU to CONVINCE the DOI that you at eligible. Provide as much documentation as possible.

He applied directly at the DOI, still paid the same as most agents charge though.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Yeah, read that. Just repeating what the agent in KK said.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

I stopped working over 10 years ago. I was the company owner, MD and sole employee (not self employed but Limited Company). I will need to see if I can dig out an old unused headed paper from then although I think they are all long gone. So I will just have to see what this situation is in August when I will still be way under the 55 age and may have to become a traveller which I would prefer not to. I was always aware these changes may/will come so avoided any kind of commitment here and avoided producing any dependants.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

I blame all these tough new rules for retirees on all the old people who have moved to Cambodia in the last decade or so and died.

Thanks a lot guys!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm I blame all these tough new rules for retirees on all the old people who have moved to Cambodia in the last decade or so and died.

Thanks a lot guys!
That correlation isn't clear to me. Would you care to elaborate. At least before I die anyway. I think it has more to do with desire to attract wealthy big spenders who shoot their wad in the KofW before they kick off.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm I blame all these tough new rules for retirees on all the old people who have moved to Cambodia in the last decade or so and died.

Thanks a lot guys!
??? Before there was no retiree extension. now there is. I dont think its out of place for the goverment to set an age limit or amount of money required but it should be consistent. ... A retiree does not affect the job market or having to have a wp at all
and once ur dead,,,, well ur dead... :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks a lot guys!
??? Before there was no retiree extension. now there is. A retiree does not affect the job market or having to have a wp at all
and once ur dead,,,, well ur dead... :stir:
Exactly the retirement option is a good addition I took that option last year Much less hastle I think the complainers are the ones trying to bend the rules a little :D
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

taabarang wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks a lot guys!
That correlation isn't clear to me. Would you care to elaborate. At least before I die anyway. I think it has more to do with desire to attract wealthy big spenders who shoot their wad in the KofW before they kick off.
I think they have MUCH MORE trouble from those many years away from old. This makes no sense. Old guy dies, oh well, fire up the wat furnace. And the idea that someone with enough brains or luck to be rich will choose Cambodia over Thailand (with Cambodia apparently heading to the same stringent requirements) is laughable. Only a Trump voter would do that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic