Had issues with Vaping kit at Post office, and now.....

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Had issues with Vaping kit at Post office, and now.....

Post by chkwoot »

SlackWaster wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 pm Hello everyone.
Having visited Cambodia and Thailand about 20 times over the last 10 years I decided to take the plunge and move here two months ago. I run an online business so it's all sweet right now, I am really enjoying the place. Sure, there's challenges, but why wouldn't there be?

Any day now I will be receiving a parcel from UK containing several personal items of clothing and cologne, etc. And....a brand new vape.

I mentioned this to a few people as I am not sure I will get a customs check and they'll almost certainly be able to identify the vape and probably not let me have it. I am desperate to npot start smoking again and have found the vape works wonders - I am 2 years without cigarettes. Now, a couple of friends I have here who have lived here for years said to offer them some dollars as 'tax'. However, that sounds like a bribe to me and I don't want to get in any trouble - I would like to respect this place and the people However, if that's the done thing, maybe it would make sense, I get my vape, they get the tax, everyone's happy.

Advice please?
When the post office calls you, just go to pick up the package. Act like nothing is wrong. If they try to tax you, then pay, or don't. Don't offer any money before they ask. You can try to haggle the price, but do it politely, and back down if they start to get upset. Easy. If you've been around SEA for 10 years, then you must have learned how to haggle, right? If they want to confiscate, oh well, you learned a lesson.

Go to some well known expat bars and ask around where to get vape supplies here. But be aware that there are cops out there looking for these suppliers, so please don't give out info on public social media platforms.
Last edited by chkwoot on Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

To the OP I know a place that sells vape machines if you would like the details contact me via PM
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

YeP wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 am To the OP I know a place that sells vape machines if you would like the details contact me via PM
But, maybe he's a cop. I'll only give sensitive info to people I meet irl.

I don't mind saying: at least a few stalls in Central Market sell all kinds of supplies. But their stuff really sucks so I don't mind outing them. And they're well connected/protected so nothing bad will happen.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

Fair point had not thought of that
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I have a feeling you'll have no issues at all. Or maybe they will make it clear you have some extra fees to pay.

I have also been traveling with a vape, Coil Master kit and lots of bottles of juice, most of which are bought in Thailand, and no issues yet.

Only annoyance is having everyone on the streets of Bangkok telling me, "be careful..."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

YeP wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 am To the OP I know a place that sells vape machines if you would like the details contact me via PM
Yeah it's a big secret https://www.facebook.com/backalleyvapers
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

fax wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:12 am
Yeah it's a big secret https://www.facebook.com/backalleyvapers
No its not but that FB page has nothing to do with what I was referring to. Now the OP can contact him
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

Thanks for your help everyone.

I had trouble with some eJuice last week, I told them it was something else, took a few tense minutes but they let me have them, that's why I knew my obvious vape would get pulled.

However - my sender sent by Fedex who called me and met me in the street - all good. Seems to be the way to go.

I have had the same problem in Thailand, everyone telling me to be careful - which is fair enough, I keep vaping to bars I know and the guesthouse.

I know vaping is a bit poncy, but it has kept me off the cigarettes for years now, which has to be better, I feel great, so...

Also - I am aware of a few people in PP who sell juice and kit - no disrespect but it;s not great quality as expected.

Thanks for all your assistance, looks like I'm going to enjoy this forum

For any vapers interested, I got a Luxotic Squonker with a Tobinho atty. It's perfect.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

SlackWaster wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:11 pm Thanks for your help everyone.

I had trouble with some eJuice last week, I told them it was something else, took a few tense minutes but they let me have them, that's why I knew my obvious vape would get pulled.

However - my sender sent by Fedex who called me and met me in the street - all good. Seems to be the way to go.

I have had the same problem in Thailand, everyone telling me to be careful - which is fair enough, I keep vaping to bars I know and the guesthouse.

I know vaping is a bit poncy, but it has kept me off the cigarettes for years now, which has to be better, I feel great, so...

Also - I am aware of a few people in PP who sell juice and kit - no disrespect but it;s not great quality as expected.

Thanks for all your assistance, looks like I'm going to enjoy this forum

For any vapers interested, I got a Luxotic Squonker with a Tobinho atty. It's perfect.

It seems that the rule is to never use any courier company to avoid customs.

Registered airmail is usually safer.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic