Open letter to newbies (especially Cannabistourist)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Open letter to newbies (especially Cannabistourist)

Post by John Bingham »

Gilmore wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 pm I visited the old lakeside backpacker area 3 times in 2014-5 at the invitation of a teacher who was living in an abandoned guesthouse there. On each occasion, I was fronted by multiple dealers offering dope for sale, as well as ice, heroin and MDMA. A corner shop had bags of dope openly displayed for sale behind the counter.
Haven't been near the sleaze pit since the current crackdown began. The teacher was removed, as he couldn't handle reality and the responsibility required for the job. Hardly a co-incidence.
It was always like that. The streets and lanes around there were sketchy. There were parts where you'd stop and get asked if you wanted Kancha, when you said you weren't interested they'd offer you heroin or yama or whatever. Fuck that. At the same time the verandas on the edge of the lake were nice at times. I was around there a few times in early 2000, and it expanded a lot before I went back there in 2005. I brought my dad down there in 2007, it was his idea and I think he liked it other than the boiling hot midday sun and the annoying drug dealers outside. It was a bit of a flea pit, but it's a shame that there's no lake there now. It would have been a great place to build a central park, or they could have just developed around the edges and left some water. The street (86?) is apparently just as good/bad as ever depending on your interests. :shock:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Mom and pop pharmacies are selling Adderal and Ritalin. Duhh, it's the 21st century.
nonsense. that is about all you cannot get.
American Steve- you are contradicting yourself,very poor trolling
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 pm
Gilmore wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:10 pm I visited the old lakeside backpacker area 3 times in 2014-5 at the invitation of a teacher who was living in an abandoned guesthouse there. On each occasion, I was fronted by multiple dealers offering dope for sale, as well as ice, heroin and MDMA. A corner shop had bags of dope openly displayed for sale behind the counter.
Haven't been near the sleaze pit since the current crackdown began. The teacher was removed, as he couldn't handle reality and the responsibility required for the job. Hardly a co-incidence.
It was always like that. The streets and lanes around there were sketchy. There were parts where you'd stop and get asked if you wanted Kancha, when you said you weren't interested they'd offer you heroin or yama or whatever. Fuck that. At the same time the verandas on the edge of the lake were nice at times. I was around there a few times in early 2000, and it expanded a lot before I went back there in 2005. I brought my dad down there in 2007, it was his idea and I think he liked it other than the boiling hot midday sun and the annoying drug dealers outside. It was a bit of a flea pit, but it's a shame that there's no lake there now. It would have been a great place to build a central park, or they could have just developed around the edges and left some water. The street (86?) is apparently just as good/bad as ever depending on your interests. :shock:
used to go down in 08/09 and sit on the veranda, ( forget the name of the place) have a meal, smoke a joint and watch the sunset. Magical times.Went back after they started tearing it all down to photograph the graffiti on the walls
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"It would have been a great place to build a central park, or they could have just developed around the edges and left some water."

Agreed. That was my thoughts as well.

Too late now.

#9 Richard?
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

fax wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 am
chkwoot wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:10 am buy absolutely any kind of pharmaceuticals at pharmacies
This is spot on. Pharmacies stock more narcotics today than they did decades ago. In particular high grade cannabis in the form of buds, hash and oil is being imported from places like Amsterdam then openly sold left and right. Mom and pop pharmacies are selling Adderal and Ritalin. Duhh, it's the 21st century. That surely ought to deter yuppies and grass tourists!

Be careful to become a know-it-all old timer without an updated clue of local changes. The time is over for grandpa to get his pecker licked in a bar. Step aside for the new generation, folks. Walkabout died because you're dying.
Wow. Please tell me exactly what pharmacies sell the stuff you mention. Asking for a much younger friend.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

johnny lightning wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:31 pm I agree with most everything the OP wrote, BUT blowjobs at Sophie's were never a dollar (unless he was an especially hansum man)! That was the tip for a warmup.

Johnny
One man's warmup may be another's:

"I yum yum you one dollah!"
Who could resist?
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

chkwoot wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:51 am Wow. Please tell me exactly what pharmacies sell the stuff you mention. Asking for a much younger friend.
Pharmacies along east side of Phsar Chas, corner 108 and 10 next to the Wing shop and money exchange. Ritalin $2 per 20 mg. Can post photos if you want, or just give you some the next time we meet at Larry's.... Ayyy??

"Nonsense" says the guy who doesn't even live in Cambodia and when he did he didn't live in Phnom Penh... Stick to bees my friend, times have changed and you're out of the loop. There's more today than 10 years ago in what you call the good days when you could "get anything".

Will I be banned for revealing where the cool kids get their $20-$60 per gram Northern Lights, AK47, Cheese and CBD oils? I heard that's not available either.
Roadrunner.Elmer
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Roadrunner.Elmer »

fax wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:16 am
chkwoot wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:51 am Wow. Please tell me exactly what pharmacies sell the stuff you mention. Asking for a much younger friend.
Pharmacies along east side of Phsar Chas, corner 108 and 10 next to the Wing shop and money exchange. Ritalin $2 per 20 mg. Can post photos if you want, or just give you some the next time we meet at Larry's.... Ayyy??

"Nonsense" says the guy who doesn't even live in Cambodia and when he did he didn't live in Phnom Penh... Stick to bees my friend, times have changed and you're out of the loop. There's more today than 10 years ago in what you call the good days when you could "get anything".

Will I be banned for revealing where the cool kids get their $20-$60 per gram Northern Lights, AK47, Cheese and CBD oils? I heard that's not available either.

Not on here but ill definitely PM you
Roadrunner.Elmer
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Roadrunner.Elmer »

1/5th of that price but yeah lol
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

fax wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:16 am

No need, you already told us you can get that stuff in pharmacies.
Pharmacies stock more narcotics today than they did decades ago. In particular high grade cannabis in the form of buds, hash and oil is being imported from places like Amsterdam then openly sold left and right.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic