Contaminated water killing Kratie villagers

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Contaminated water killing Kratie villagers

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Update: 11 deceased and 151 poisoned. Was also covered on China Global Television Network on TV yesterday.

http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 22-58.html
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Not even an animal would drink water from that stream.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Update: 13 deceased and 200 poisoned according to the MoH, also ricewine deaths reported: http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 24-21.html
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 am also ricewine deaths reported
Now we're getting closer to the truth.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 am Update: 13 deceased and 200 poisoned according to the MoH, also ricewine deaths reported: http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 24-21.html
Nice pictures, too bad there aren't more of them
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

OKW wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:26 am
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 am Update: 13 deceased and 200 poisoned according to the MoH, also ricewine deaths reported: http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 24-21.html
Nice pictures, too bad there aren't more of them
PGFY!

b.

Edit: i wanted to post “Sad Update” initially.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Username Taken wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:48 am
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 am also ricewine deaths reported

Unlikely that everyone affected had been drinking rice wine, or am I missing a subtlety in your comment?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

violet wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:48 pm

Unlikely that everyone affected had been drinking rice wine, or am I missing a subtlety in your comment?
I really don't know v, but when there are mass deaths in rural areas it's often related to ricewine.
It may very well turn out to be from pesticide run-off into the stream, but with the volume of water running in the stream it would require quite a significant quantity of pesticide.
As someone asked earlier, "what's upstream"? Gold mines? I don't know.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Username Taken wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:23 pm
violet wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:48 pm

I really don't know v, but when there are mass deaths in rural areas it's often related to ricewine.
It may very well turn out to be from pesticide run-off into the stream, but with the volume of water running in the stream it would require quite a significant quantity of pesticide.
As someone asked earlier, "what's upstream"? Gold mines? I don't know.

Agreed, but i don’t know many kids who drink ricewine, i think you’re on the right track!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Duncan wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:08 am Not even an animal would drink water from that stream.

Personally I find it hard to believe people were ill because of contaminated water. The rains kicked in about 11 days ago (more than a week before the first illnesses appeared), so I expect all houses to have fresh clean rainwater in their concrete jars....... No need to carry water from the stream for use at home.

My bet is rice-wine with ethanol and a cover up by the authorities.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic