Open letter to newbies (especially Cannabistourist)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Re: Open letter to newbies (especially Cannabistourist)

Post by xxxxxxx »

bolueeleh wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:18 pm i always win in this game, with a smaller dick thus smaller turning radius, i can perform higher RPMs
Then I bet you can spin so fast you practically levitate.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:52 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:18 pm i always win in this game, with a smaller dick thus smaller turning radius, i can perform higher RPMs
Then I bet you can spin so fast you practically levitate.
i fly to pp from snooky..... during night time ofc
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:07 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:49 pm Young dudes dont fit in pattaya or phuket or KoW.
you might not fit in,
i fit in perfectly
Pattaya is a R&R spot for american vietnam vets originally
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:34 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:49 pm Young dudes dont fit in pattaya or phuket or KoW.
you might not fit in,
i fit in perfectly
yeah, so whats your point? Whats that got to do with now?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:57 pm
you might not fit in,
i fit in perfectly
Point is pattaya is for a generation much older than ours mate.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:23 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:57 pm
you might not fit in,
i fit in perfectly
Point is pattaya is for a generation much older than ours mate.
is it fuck, the Pattaya from the R&R days looks nothing like what it does now
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

LOL, sour grapes.
poor trapper.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

SEA is a place for retirement or two week millionaires.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

chkwoot wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:10 am Cannabistourist (and all newbies to Cambodia),

You are at least 10 years too late to do most of the things that you seem to believe are now possible. Long gone are the days when you could get a 1 year "business visa" extension of your "ordinary visa" within a few days after arriving, without any extra documents; work without a work permit and without worry of being deported or fined; buy a $160 used Citi without any papers and a fake license plate without any worries whatsoever; smoke weed (or even meth) in the patio area (or "bathroom") of Walkabout 24/7 without anyone batting an eye (Glenn would get pissed off if he saw someone smoking meth, but he never went into that shitty bathroom); buy absolutely any kind of pharmaceuticals at pharmacies; drive your moto without a helmet or mirrors or valid license of any kind; out run/out maneuver cops when they tried to shake you down for just a buck or two of beer money; get a bj at Sophie's for $1 while drinking $1 cans of Asahi Super Dry(350ml!) that come with a free condom; or enjoy a quiet, relaxing evening, chatting and drinking with others, while listening to jazz in an almost empty, floating Pontoon. I know because I've done, or have personally witnessed, everything I mentioned. (I hope others will add to the list.)

I think maybe the new generation of "extreme tourists" are looking at extremely dated information regarding Cambodia. Some things haven't changed, but many things have. You will (hopefully) see the truth when you are able to experience this reality IN REAL LIFE, not vicariously through someone else's eyes. Your experience will not be the same as anyone else's, so put down your mobile device, MacBook, or Lonely Planet, and go experience life. Learn about your own reality from your own real life observations and interactions.

I found this long forgotten (I'm old) quote in 2012, on the inside back cover of some now defunct shitty Sihanoukville fake Pocket Guide. They even stupidly edited the quote. But here it is unedited:
"Aryans" are not Hitler's wunderkinder. "Christians" are just westerners. "Hustle" does not mean to scam. Just Google Rudyard Kipling The Naulahka if you need someone else to help you understand. It was written 125 years ago, and is probably not taught in most elementary, middle, or even high schools anymore (at least not in the US).

Good luck to you! You might learn to absolutely hate everything about Cambodia, and us who live here. You might not. You'll know when you've spent enough time here to know, and only you will know when that is.
Put your hand up if yoh picked up in walkabout, had 50 cent beers in martinis, played pool in sharkies bar and smokes spliffs in on boung kak lakeside.

Most noobs havent dont
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Pattaya was a fishing village originally. And I remember the night the Pontoon sunk, I have a photo of it with the stern sticking up out of the water. And I always preferred Mikado to Sophies.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic