FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by LaudJohn »

Joon wrote:LJ, why do you keep referencing to that FB page after OD already stated that it's not actually GavinMac's?

That FB profile is obviously not in 440-GM's character (unless he's a frigging schizophrenic). If it's in his signature, that's obviously as a trollbait and to throw people off (it actually succeeded with me).

And that's funny you'd lament about K440's toxicity, since your posting style can be pretty caustic and juvenile at times and you're part of what makes 440 a rough, sulfuric place.

ummm... how do you think I found the Facebook page?

can nivag has it as his signature line over here.

he has admitted he is gavin mac.

no techinacally it is not gavin macs facebook page, if gavin mac has one after all it is a fictious board handle.

But the reality is that someone had to put that facebook page together. That someone called themselves cam nivag on that facebook page. A poster her who uses the handle here as cam nivag has that facebook page in their tag line. that poster has admitted they are Gavin Mac.

So I kind of associate it with Gavin Mac, do you see where I am coming from?

Anyhow I am sure ICE will be able to prove it for him.

However I admit that the handle is not actually Gavin Mac, just some other handle which happens to be Gavin Mac spelt backwards. Does that make you happy?

It would be nice if cam nivag proved that was not his facebook page. Funny coincidence about the name I guess.
Last edited by LaudJohn on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

That page existed well before he made up this handle based on reverse spelling of his 440 name....
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

HotRecruiter wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:dam, calm down boys, why do the 440 mods have to come over here to fight?
not allowed back at the ranch?

We're a classy website. We can't tolerate vulgarity and flaming.
Gavin,
It's obvious when you DELETE and EDIT out pertinent lines so you don't distort the statement. Frank Lee Bent actually wrote in this reply, and you DELETED, here on CEO as well:

frank lee bent wrote:...
oh, that is right- no freedom of speech.
Stop DELETING, restore credibility. Nobody believes you guys anymore.

No rules, silly...
Dude, he edited his post and added that comment after I quoted it. I didn't delete anything. You guys really are pretty high strung over here.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

OrangeDragon wrote:That page existed well before he made up this handle based on reverse spelling of his 440 name....

so he could not have had that page before you started CEO or he used that handle here?

All just a coincidence I guess huh?

I guess you believed Clinton when he said "Ï have never had sex with that woman"
Last edited by LaudJohn on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Post by HotRecruiter »

frank lee bent wrote:life is too lonely nowadays on 440.
all the old crew is here.
SOO true. More action on CEO.

It's quiet as a graveyard over there. BORING.

Watch out K440 boys, one mistake and it's MASS EXODUS!
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Cam Nivag wrote:
HotRecruiter wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:dam, calm down boys, why do the 440 mods have to come over here to fight?

Gavin,
It's obvious when you DELETE and EDIT out pertinent lines so you don't distort the statement. Frank Lee Bent actually wrote in this reply, and you DELETED, here on CEO as well:

No rules, silly...
Dude, he edited his post and added that comment after I quoted it. I didn't delete anything. You guys really are pretty high strung over here.

In defence of cam nivag, whilst he has moderating powers and deletes threads constantly as Gavin Mac on K440, he does not have the same powers here.

He could not have deleted edited the other persons post here.

I understand why you automatically thought that but in this case you are mistaken and in this rare case Gavin Mac is right... opps, cam nivag is right.
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Post by HotRecruiter »

Cam Nivag wrote:
HotRecruiter wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:

Gavin,

No rules, silly...
You call us being high-strung, we call it demanding some credibility and fairness. If you can't handle it, get out of media like you got out of lawyering.

Your credibility is still impugned by your unfair personal attacks and deletions.

Get a girlfriend, will ya?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Joon wrote: And that's funny you'd lament about K440's toxicity, since your posting style can be pretty caustic and juvenile at times and you're part of what makes 440 a rough, sulfuric place.
Just to follow up on this point by Joon, I agree with her about the juvenile and "rough" posts on K440. That's something I would prefer to see less of, and that I have tried to moderate in the past, and I think my efforts to moderate that stuff have put me at odds with LJ and a few others who see that stuff as just light hearted banter.

I will say that it is hard to try to moderate to a higher standard and make the place more welcoming and less "homophobic inside joke-heavy," when the admins, were at times, simultaneously using the site for personal, vulgar, and racist comments. How do you moderate flame wars and repeated gay anal sex posts when admins are telling people to fuck off or using racial slurs or assigning posters' ranks like "rancid little wank stain?" It's not easy.

I also recognize that some posts may not be vulgar but may still be unwelcoming, and I've been guilty of those at times myself when I get worked up about a topic or when I'm mocking/interrogating people. I try to do that in an entertaining and amusing way, but I recognize that sometimes it is perceived as dickishness.

The new ownership may or may not go in a different direction with the moderating, but I don't think you'll see the inconsistency between mod action and admin action going forward.
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Post by HotRecruiter »

I see total confusion from Scambienz. He's also got into some credibility issues recently himself.

He writes before prefacing or stating the scope of his statement. Therefore, he is commonly inaccurate and uninformed.

The stupidity as an excuse is not an excuse in my book. He's old enough to know what he's getting into.

Some guys want to suck on his balls, though, to leech off of him what they can.

Funny thing is, he mistakes them for real friends/allies, haha!

Gavin,

Toughen up.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

"How do you moderate flame wars and repeated gay anal sex posts when admins are telling people to fuck off or using racial slurs or assigning posters' ranks like "rancid little wank stain?" "

we never had them here until the 440 admins arrived as valued posters.

maybe it is a British thing?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic