ATMs and Cold AC

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: ATMs and Cold AC

Post by Username Taken »

bolueeleh wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:09 am
Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:57 am ^^ Members are encouraged to ask questions, that's why this section is called Ask The Expats. If you can't answer his question, then don't.

You should get minus karma for a post like that!
i just dont like this part

"As usual, non-responsive and/or condescending replies of the why-would-anyone-want-to-do-that variety will be respectfully but resolutely ignored, thank you in advance."
he should end with a please or thank you when asking for help, i dont like his attitude, thats my opinion, minus karma or not, i dont care
You obviously missed this part of his post

"Thanks, everyone!"
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:13 am
bolueeleh wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:09 am
Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:57 am ^^ Members are encouraged to ask questions, that's why this section is called Ask The Expats. If you can't answer his question, then don't.

You should get minus karma for a post like that!
i just dont like this part

"As usual, non-responsive and/or condescending replies of the why-would-anyone-want-to-do-that variety will be respectfully but resolutely ignored, thank you in advance."
he should end with a please or thank you when asking for help, i dont like his attitude, thats my opinion, minus karma or not, i dont care
You obviously missed this part of his post

"Thanks, everyone!"
i choose to consciously omit after seeing the first response by him, i am trained by western media :beer3: i am biased that way :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:39 am you moved to Cambodia to spend ur days in a western stye coffee shop with air con?
He likes to live dangerously! :plus1: :?
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

1) I don't answer questions out of respect for my own lack of expertise. So unless you want to know what the best way is to patch a projector's headphone jack to a five-channel analog amp, I am of no assistance.

2) If snark is inferred in the expectation of on-topic responses, that's more of a reflection on the beholder, me'thinks -- and it would appear I'm not alone in that assessment.

3) Back to the ranch: Is there an MB Bank ATM I can try in BKK1?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:36 am 3) Back to the ranch: Is there an MB Bank ATM I can try in BKK1?
I don't think it does Visa but you never know. They only have a few ATMs, nearest to BKK1 probably on Monivong at their branch, corner of St 214. I think there's another ATM a bit further south on the other side of the road as well. And one at Mekong River Restaurant on Riverside.

Other people on here say it didn't tell them it was charging a fee, but did anyway - so check your internet banking afterwards to be sure? But for my Mastercard it has never charged me a fee.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

If you can open a Charles Schwab account and get ATM card they reimburse all ATM fees. ABA ATMs happily pumps out $1,000 per visit - once every 24 hours. Seems to be no limit to number of monthly withdrawals.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Whoa, I didn't know that about Scwab -- and I *have* a Schwab debit card! Yay!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic