Giving Cam Nivaq a run for his money

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Giving Cam Nivaq a run for his money

Post by Cam Nivag »

Taylor, the Guinness record chaser, has been to 100 countries so far.

She didn't leave the airport at all in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Guyana, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Tajikistan, or Ireland. In Guyana, she actually arrived at 7:00 a.m. and left at 10:45 p.m. She spent the entire 15+ hours in the airport. In Afghanistan, she paid $100+ for a visa and got stamped into Afghanistan but then just connected to another flight and never left the airport.

She spent an hour driving around Dominica and three hours at the airport waiting for her next flight. She spent five hours in Ukraine changing airports.

In Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize, Bahrain, Moldova, Oman, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan she left the airport, got a taxi to her hotel, stayed in the hotel sleeping or working on emails or eating room service food, then got a taxi back to the airport the next day.

She skipped Venezuela entirely when she was in South America, perhaps she's waiting to go back when it's safe to transit the airport.

https://www.trekwithtaylor.com/
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's fucking lame. I don't think she'll meet the requirements to get any records, other than "person who wasted the most aviation fuel" and "person who ate shit food in airports and planes for the longest" categories.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:16 am That's fucking lame. I don't think she'll meet the requirements to get any records, other than "person who wasted the most aviation fuel" and "person who ate shit food in airports and planes for the longest" categories.
LOL. Competing in the heaviest footprint on the planet award.
(Thank you South Park. :D )
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:55 pm
Brewer wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:19 pm
No, landing but not leaving a countries airport should by no measure constitute "visiting" a country.
Sure, being in an airport in transit doesn't count, otherwise I'd have been in about twice as many countries as I believe I have been. I'm not sure what the rules are, but you should at least go outside the airport/ port and stay the night in the country. As stated above, some tiny enclaves like Djibouti or Andorra don't merit a long trip, but landing in Kinshasa for a couple of hours waiting for a transfer to Equatorial Guinea doesn't mean you have "visited the Democratic Republic of Congo", which is 4 times the size of France and deserves at least a weekend.
transit doesn't get u the collectable entry stamp....
There groups that collect stamps, ( the one i posted), how long u stay is irrelevant,
than there groups that claim 1 night, groups that say u have to visit 2 cities, groups that......

each has their own criteria

Spent 2 years in Zaire, guess u could say i visited it. :beer3:
...she didn't leave the airport at all in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Guyana, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Tajikistan, or Ireland. In Guyana, she actually arrived at 7:00 a.m. and left at 10:45 p.m. She spent the entire 15+ hours in the airport. In Afghanistan, she paid $100+ for a visa and got stamped into Afghanistan but then just connected to another flight and never left the airport.
She spent an hour driving around Dominica and three hours at the airport waiting for her next flight. She spent five hours in Ukraine changing airports.
In Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize, Bahrain, Moldova, Oman, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan she left the airport, got a taxi to her hotel, stayed in the hotel sleeping or working on emails or eating room service food, then got a taxi back to the airport the next day.
Wasting time, but if u got the $$ and time...well its her life
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic