I'm a Special Kind of Stupid (Poked a Hole in my Freezer)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: I'm a Special Kind of Stupid (Poked a Hole in my Freezer)

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hot tip for fast defrosting. TURN OFF THE ELECTRICITY. Then put a bowl of steaming hot water in your empty freezer. Unloosen the ice carefully with a PLASTIC utensil as it defrosts and chuck it into the sink. Should be done in 10 mn.
:bow:
(I usually charge $25 an hour for this advice but it's free for CEO :plus1: )
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

Pour gasoline in the hole until filled then clog up with chewing gum. Before pressing in gum, ensure you have the lines filled by inspecting it. It may be too dark to see down the tube. Use a naked flame close to the hole like a cigarette lighter on candle and lean right in and inspect..
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm My knife looked slightly different than the one on the warning label, so I thought I'd be fine.

:facepalm:
:lol:

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Advice for next time.

Turn fridge off.
Open fridge door [ s ]
Place a fan in front of the fridge and blow air inside the fridge . Will do the job in no time.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

you are in the desert, just turn off the power and open the freezer door :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Lol. I did this to my mates fridge in a sharehouse 18 years ago. Had to buy him a new fridge. Never made that mistake again.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Anchor Moy wrote:Hot tip for fast defrosting. TURN OFF THE ELECTRICITY. Then put a bowl of steaming hot water in your empty freezer. Unloosen the ice carefully with a PLASTIC utensil as it defrosts and chuck it into the sink. Should be done in 10 mn.
(I usually charge $25 an hour for this advice but it's free for CEO :plus1: )
Haha, thanks, Dr AM. You assume I can do all those things. Heating water? I bought a bunch of Macaroni and Cheese boxes a while ago, and haven't touched them, as I realized it requires milk, butter and hot water to get them going. A shame, as the pic on the box looks delicious.

Yes, I turned it off.
Artful Dodger wrote:Pour gasoline in the hole until filled then clog up with chewing gum. Before pressing in gum, ensure you have the lines filled by inspecting it. It may be too dark to see down the tube. Use a naked flame close to the hole like a cigarette lighter on candle and lean right in and inspect..
Jesus, I see things could have been much worse.
Duncan wrote:Advice for next time.

Turn fridge off.
Open fridge door [ s ]
Place a fan in front of the fridge and blow air inside the fridge . Will do the job in no time.
Haha, that's exactly what I did (plus whack it with a knife).

UPDATE: Since I didn't fancy dropping $250 for a new one, and running around town looking for someone to make a house call didn't sound like fun either, I called my company and told them what an idiot I am (they already knew that), and they said they'd take care of it all for me.

Came home today and the damn thing was gone, and I've been told it will be back and hopefully working by the time I'm home after work tomorrow.

I guess it's microwaved eggs and warm Vimto for breakfast tomorrow.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Have you microwaved eggs before?
They are most delicious if you just put them on plate without cracking them open first. Gets perfect when microwaved full power around 5 minutes.
But you most not crack them open, otherwise will be very rubbery texture and nobody likes that.
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Yep and the resulting "explosion" will take you another half hour to clean the microwave...........................
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Honey69 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:55 am Have you microwaved eggs before?
They are most delicious if you just put them on plate without cracking them open first. Gets perfect when microwaved full power around 5 minutes.
But you most not crack them open, otherwise will be very rubbery texture and nobody likes that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic