FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by HotRecruiter »

Scobienz's clueless, and always has been. Then he tries to state "in an authoritative manner" all kinds of useless non-facts.

Will he use Reagan's, "Oh, I forgot," one day?

Gordon Gekko, full of lies and deceit (craftily couched, and carefully obscured by his "apparent" cluelessness) to make a buck ... Scobie's role model ...

"Oh, no, small businesses that support this website won't be affected by large evil corporations moving in ..."

Sssssssssssss....
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

What both the old owner and the new owner have to understand is that K440 ( and sorry fella's) this forum, represent a very small part of contemporary Cambodian expat life. The parents network or whatever it is, is a HELL of a lot more "there" then sites like this, that have a 99.9% male membership and talk about 99.9% male oriented bullshit ( being a male, I'm not knocking that. JUST SAYIN' AY!). We are DINOSAURS and if we don't learn to adapt, then we will become extinct( or seriously endangered!)
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

And I will add - there is a bar for sale in the square( actually, many!) right now for under $5000, and I would rather put my money into 1 of them then K440.LMFAO! Good Luck with your "investment" Scobz!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

To put a little balance here... just because someone makes an offer doesn't really make them "affiliated". Hell, I could have made an offer... then would CEO be currently "affiliated" with 440?

If it was rejected, as it was, the affiliation ends there. In fact, people have made offers for CEO already... doesn't make them affiliated with us. We politely let them know it's not actually for sale, and send them over to 440 to buy it. ;-)

Scoby's reasoning for not restarting the thread is sound... insomuch as my reasoning for taking the content out of the OP on our side is sound. That's not what a forum should be about, and given how much the support has shown for the guy here... can't imagine why anyone would want to subject him to the slagfest that would likely have happened over there as KiR's witchhunt gathered steam, as it so often has in the past in the face of actual evidence. Trial by forums was his MO, where he can manipulate opinion and delete posts that challenge him.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

bendix wrote:
rick_o'shea wrote:Did the Brooklyn Pizza guy thread continue on CEO? Because to me, it seems damn near certain that he is the new partner in K440 who does not want to disclose his identity, and the reason the thread was pulled over there. .
Wrong. He has nothing whatsoever to do with 440. I believe he was a member when he first arrived in Cambodia, but made only a handful of posts.

None of the 440 ownership team - past and present - has any connection with the guy, either personal or business. That is a fact.
Affiliation wasn't mentioned. NO CONNECTION was. I still laugh though when the local Rebs talk about their new "nom" over here though!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

If that went over your head, getting "patched" here is a cakewalk ay!
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Is this a therapy session for Hotdigr? We should be getting paid for this.
Using Tapatalk
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Connection, affiliation... still stands.

Just because he made an offer and had it rejected in no way suggests they're doing shit for him. That he could be out to bash on them because they rejected his offer would be more likely to be true, but he's not. (no more than many others generally do based on some of the actions/posters over there in the past.)
Is this a therapy session for Hotdigr? We should be getting paid for this.
You're not!?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Shh... don't tell them you pay me per post. They'll want it too.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

OrangeDragon wrote: Scoby's reasoning for not restarting the thread is sound... insomuch as my reasoning for taking the content out of the OP on our side is sound. That's not what a forum should be about, and given how much the support has shown for the guy here... can't imagine why anyone would want to subject him to the slagfest that would likely have happened over there as KiR's witchhunt gathered steam, as it so often has in the past in the face of actual evidence.
What "witchunts" have gathered steam at K440 "in the face of actual evidence?" With respect to the man in question, he pleaded guilty to lewdness with a child, he pleaded guilty to transport of stolen books, and he pleaded guilty to assault. I respect your position that old crimes should not be brought up online, but there isn't any lack of evidence there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic