Steak Science... don't thaw them if they're already frozen?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Steak Science... don't thaw them if they're already froz

Post by Sailorman »

I have my relatives in America ship me Wright's Liquid Smoke. I also looked all over Singapore to see if the mega-stores carried it, but they don't. Stubbs is one of the better Bar-B-Q sauces in America, but I like the "Famous Dave's" brand that is sold at their wonderful rib restaurants. (Devil's Spit) Great even though its a chain of restaurants. I love the fest for four people and they bring it out on a metal garbage can lid. They don't do the overcooked falling-off-the-bone ribs, but the tender, but firm, on the bone ribs with a rub/marinade, and you add the selection of Bar-B-Q sauces in squeeze bottle at your table. Their beef brisket is to die for and comes with the fest.
Last edited by Sailorman on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Steak Science... don't thaw them if they're already froz

Post by OrangeDragon »

tender and firm = smoked. fall of the bone = broiled/boiled.

usually.

smoking makes the "bark" that sort of binds the meat together better.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic