Best Android Phone

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Best Android Phone

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Oh wow. $550 for a brand new S8? Th dual sim version? The used one I found is an S8 in excellent condition with the exception of a small scratch on the front camera lens but doesn’t seem to affect the quality of images. Brand new I could get for $705.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:21 pm Oh wow. $550 for a brand new S8? Th dual sim version? The used one I found is an S8 in excellent condition with the exception of a small scratch on the front camera lens but doesn’t seem to affect the quality of images. Brand new I could get for $705.

Single sim, brand new in the box unlocked. Retail price at the time was supposed to be $725 I think, but you can always find promotions back home. Now they sell new S8 for around 550 normally, no promotion. Don't know what they go for here.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:39 am Hey guys, I'm not looking to switch from iOS to Android, but I am looking to get another phone possibly. I would love to hear about your top Android phones and why. Camera, speed is important to me. Also, I want to know which phones works best with the Khmer font. There are a billion options out there and I've read the reviews, just curious about what CEO users have. Don't worry about $$. Thanks!
Who are you, and what have you done with the real Jacobincambodia-fanboi?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:39 am Hey guys, I'm not looking to switch from iOS to Android, but I am looking to get another phone possibly. I would love to hear about your top Android phones and why. Camera, speed is important to me. Also, I want to know which phones works best with the Khmer font. There are a billion options out there and I've read the reviews, just curious about what CEO users have. Don't worry about $$. Thanks!
Who are you, and what have you done with the real Jacobincambodia-fanboi?

Ha! I’m still very much an Apple fanboi. But I want to tinker around with an Android phone also. Plus, I’m needing to use my Cellcard SIM quite often nowadays but my primary number is Smart. Wish the iPhone had the ability to do 2 SIMs.

dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Iphone doesn't have ability to do much other than suck up your money. Iphone hasn't been the leading phone since 2012 or so. Welcome to the future bro
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

dron wrote:Iphone doesn't have ability to do much other than suck up your money. Iphone hasn't been the leading phone since 2012 or so. Welcome to the future bro
I’m not really looking to get into a android vs iOS discussion, so the only thing I will say is that I actually enjoy the simplicity of an iPhone. I’m from the tech industry and used to be 100% PC and Blackberry at the time, but now I’m nearly 100% Apple. Excellent products that just seem to work...usually.

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Huawei​ have great cameras and dual sim, as do some of the newer Chinese brands like Vivo. Head to a shop and have a play with them. Very different to the premium Samsung and iPhone feel, but a quarter the price.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I agree

The last phone I bought is a Huawei. I got a high performance phone for much less than a Samsung or other expensive brand.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

explorer wrote:I agree

The last phone I bought is a Huawei. I got a high performance phone for much less than a Samsung or other expensive brand.
Are they water proof like Samsung’s? Screen quality? From what I read, those are a few areas they shine over competitors.

dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

epidemiks wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 pm Huawei​ have great cameras and dual sim, as do some of the newer Chinese brands like Vivo. Head to a shop and have a play with them. Very different to the premium Samsung and iPhone feel, but a quarter the price.
And you can transfer all your personal info to the Chinese government free of charge!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic