I'm Dating a Cambodian Woman in France - Gold Digger or No?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bernhardow
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I'm Dating a Cambodian Woman in France - Gold Digger or No?

Post by Bernhardow »

Poor Guillaume, postet this doubt in the sharks pool ... ;)
Yes, I thought its a Troll too in the beginning.

#1 Your doubts seem to be stronger then your Love
#2 She seem to be very traditional with a blend of western - what she thinks - understanding
#3 Ring is only important in upperclass Kmer/Asian Society, where do you see her in terms of class ?
#4 Ring can be seen as Backup/Bride money and is totally ok
#5 She try to save your money - Great
#6 The shark pool is telling you there are no Khmer virgins above 24 ... but yes, there is. Which is a incrediable unimportant BS point to me but ok, its about you and trust
#7 A Khmer Teacher can earn 300$/Month (back in 2013) if there are special skills like languages french/english - my wife did 360$ when I met her in 2010
#8 You only know what you get, if you try it out
#9 She seem to be living in France on the grace of her family and yes, the older sister will then be the Boss and RESPONSiBLE for her in the eyes of her family
#10 Your fmily worries are all the same in western countries, no, you dont need to pay till her life ends in case it get wrong !

* with the Pool Shark I mean, that there are not so many Users here in the Board, that are actually married with Khmers, rather then having short terms ;) and not really having the right feeling on red-flags ... except on rumors and their "shyness" on long term. Forgive me community ;)

I would use the money 10k, to buy her a piece of land in Cambodia, as a BackUp and go for a 50$ ring ... my wife just lost her ring ;) but we are a very happy couple, seeing many, many red Flags in the beginning ... after 8 years and now in Germany
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

If she's living in france sans papers, she can't work legally, which is.probably why she's skivving for her sister. Red flag. She wants an obscene ring on the pretext that this is a Cambodian custom (my Cambodian wife of ten years ring cost $900 and she chose it). Red flag. She says she prescribes to Cambodian custom, but at 34 in Cambodian society, she is old to marry and should be begging you to put any ring on it. Red flag. There are more red flags than a works party at a red flag party. Make of it what you will, take the plunge and marry her - follow your heart, not anonymous advice.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

Whats you experience with the family and how dip goes it? Any comparison between Khmer, Viet and Lao girl??
Bernhardow wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 pm Poor Guillaume, postet this doubt in the sharks pool ... ;)

#2 She seem to be very traditional with a blend of western - what she thinks - understanding
#3 Ring is only important in upperclass Kmer/Asian Society, where do you see her in terms of class ?
#6 The shark pool is telling you there are no Khmer virgins above 24 ... but yes, there is. Which is a incrediable unimportant BS point to me but ok, its about you and trust
#7 A Khmer Teacher can earn 300$/Month (back in 2013) if there are special skills like languages french/english - my wife did 360$ when I met her in 2010
#9 She seem to be living in France on the grace of her family and yes, the older sister will then be the Boss and RESPONSiBLE for her in the eyes of her family
#10 Your fmily worries are all the same in western countries, no, you dont need to pay till her life ends in case it get wrong !

* with the Pool Shark I mean, that there are not so many Users here in the Board, that are actually married with Khmers, rather then having short terms ;) and not really having the right feeling on red-flags ... except on rumors and their "shyness" on long term. Forgive me community ;)

I would use the money 10k, to buy her a piece of land in Cambodia, as a BackUp and go for a 50$ ring ... my wife just lost her ring ;) but we are a very happy couple, seeing many, many red Flags in the beginning ... after 8 years and now in Germany
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Bernhardow wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 pm Poor Guillaume, postet this doubt in the sharks pool ... ;)

very good points mate

#6 ive been on a number of dates with traditional khmer girls who are still in tact who are also over the age of 24, oldest was a 27yo nurse

tbh mate, its the guys that go around often with the short term encounters who experience the most red flags, and know what to look out for / over some guy who got lucky with his first or second girl

but just to point out again, this girl in question, is in france on an fake/expired visa, living illegaly, and the only way she can be able to stay living in france with her family is to marry a french man...

dont get me wrong i hope everyones wrong, but it does need pointing out
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bernhardow
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bernhardow »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:09 am ... this girl in question, is in france on an fake/expired visa, living illegaly, and the only way she can be able to stay living in france with her family is to marry a french man...

dont get me wrong i hope everyones wrong, but it does need pointing out
I must have missed on that point but I dont care, for papers there is always many ways ... and expat Khmers, know all about it
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Before marrying a girl like that, live in Cambodia for a few years and learn about the culture. They don't have our values, and don't think like us. You will only understand it after living in Cambodia for some time. Ideally you should learn the language, and spend a lot of time with the Cambodian people.

There are many different individuals, including some very nice girls who would make good wives, but:

Most of them are poorly educated, and have the maturity of children in our culture. You may be able to reason with a well educated person, but a poorly educated person may never understand.

In most relationships, there is a power game, where she tries to act superior to you, and tries to manipulate and control you. (Cambodian men also play these games.)

Most are not honest. Expect never ending deception.

Most don't understand about having a healthy diet, and when they are over 30 they begin to look like old ladies. On average, they have health problems 20 years younger than us, and die 20 years younger than us. (It should not be as bad if she lives in France.) (This excludes the foreign men in Cambodia who die as a result of excessive alcohol consumption, or drug overdoses.)

There are many more things I could say, but you need to live in the culture to understand.

Even a good one would be very different to someone in your own culture.

Issue 2

If you wanted a Cambodian wife, I would not marry someone older. There are some very nice younger girls.

Issue 3

Even if you marry her, she may be deported. You may have to live in Cambodia for many years to be with her. If you work in Cambodia, you will probably have a very low income, to the point where you can't stay. When you leave, she may pick up other men.

Issue 4

If you did marry a Cambodian girl, and lived in France, she would have a much better life than living in Cambodia. Sometimes I wish the nice girls could marry a good foreigner, so they can have a good life.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

explorer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:51 am
Most don't understand about having a healthy diet, and when they are over 30 they begin to look like old ladies.

If you wanted a Cambodian wife, I would not marry someone older. There are some very nice younger girls.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bernhardow
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bernhardow »

It is much more costly and ... time intensive, to life in Cambodia and find a nice young girl ... much harder then what you got right in Lyon. It also need some trust ... of course LOL
He obviously is not a victim of yellow feaver and yes, they may age quickly at some point but will stay loyal till you die ... if you treat her right.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

I already asked this question 1s to other person. To try my luck last time. Any comparison between Khmer, Viet and Lao girl??
explorer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:51 am Before marrying a girl like that, live in Cambodia for a few years and learn about the culture. They don't have our values, and don't think like us. You will only understand it after living in Cambodia for some time. Ideally you should learn the language, and spend a lot of time with the Cambodian people.

There are many different individuals, including some very nice girls who would make good wives, but:

Most of them are poorly educated, and have the maturity of children in our culture. You may be able to reason with a well educated person, but a poorly educated person may never understand.

In most relationships, there is a power game, where she tries to act superior to you, and tries to manipulate and control you. (Cambodian men also play these games.)

Most are not honest. Expect never ending deception.

Most don't understand about having a healthy diet, and when they are over 30 they begin to look like old ladies. On average, they have health problems 20 years younger than us, and die 20 years younger than us. (It should not be as bad if she lives in France.) (This excludes the foreign men in Cambodia who die as a result of excessive alcohol consumption, or drug overdoses.)

There are many more things I could say, but you need to live in the culture to understand.

Even a good one would be very different to someone in your own culture.

Issue 2

Issue 3

Even if you marry her, she may be deported. You may have to live in Cambodia for many years to be with her. If you work in Cambodia, you will probably have a very low income, to the point where you can't stay. When you leave, she may pick up other men.

Issue 4

If you did marry a Cambodian girl, and lived in France, she would have a much better life than living in Cambodia. Sometimes I wish the nice girls could marry a good foreigner, so they can have a good life.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

I'm calling troll. Logos/TTM/whatever he was here. He knows how to use a VPN, and he's done this in the past. I've read all Guillaume has written here and on 440, and his English is all over the place. Sometimes school teacher perfect. Sometimes comically "French." But it is quite entertaining, so please don't stop!

JayBoogie on 440 is not a troll. I found proof. A little birdie gave me a crumb, and I followed it. Another little birdie confirmed. Then Jay removed all and locked his shit down.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic