New bar open today - free beer!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: New bar open today - free beer!

Post by Username Taken »

When ordering food deliveries, they often ask for the nearest cross street.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:04 am ....
feels like surreptitious christian spam.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Multipox wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:04 am ....
feels like surreptitious christian spam.
what does?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 pm When ordering food deliveries, they often ask for the nearest cross street.
In English or Khmer?
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

dron wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm
Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 pm When ordering food deliveries, they often ask for the nearest cross street.
In English or Khmer?
I'm thinking Brooklyn Pizza and Pizza Company.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Well how was it? Any pretty girls?
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:56 pm
dron wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm
In English or Khmer?
I'm thinking Brooklyn Pizza and Pizza Company.
Being from a place where real pizza is sold, I can barely stomach to look at "Pizza Company" and whatever those round things they sell are. Brooklyn Pizza I have ordered from, but I don't remember them asking for a cross street. It would be cool if they did. Isn't the owner from NYC?

I believe you though. Just not my experience that any Khmer people (or Japanese or Korean or Chinese) ever ask for cross streets. Of course I am not the be all and end all of anything. I'm just another low life with a wifi connection.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I used to like pizza, before I came to Cambodia.

Overrated.

Sorry, GM
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

willyhilly wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:08 pm Well how was it? Any pretty girls?
Finally made it a day later. Small place but cool. Wasted a few hours of my life and my bill was still inconsequential with the free drinks. Got enough left to buy several kilos of pineapples.

To answer your question two of the chicks in there are what I would call smoking hot. Khmer or Japanese KTV equivalent level, which is a nice change of pace from some of the chubby middle age mom's I've been seeing in a lot of bars lately. There's currently one in Utopia older than my mother (and less attractive).

Tell you the truth though, after i saw they had Street Fighter II, I spent the whole time beating the stick. One of the pretty girls sat next to me with her lady drink but didn't seem to get my excitement. I was reliving my youth while she's still in hers. Luckily I turned it around by kicking her ass at darts.

BTW which one of you was the old guy in the booth who smoked what seemed like 2 packs of cigarettes in 30 minutes while nursing a draft? Wanna put a name to the face :popcorn:

PS:Need an image attachment feature. Super annoying trying to find a place to upload a pic on my phone.
Last edited by dron on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

dron wrote:
To answer your question two of the chicks in there are what I would call smoking hot. Khmer or Japanese KTV equivalent level, which is a nice change of pace from some of the chubby middle age mom's I've been seeing in a lot of bars lately. There's one in Utopia older than my mom, and less attractive.
You know what they say; one man's mom is another man's short time.

OK, nobody says that.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic