State resolves case against Cambodian pizzeria owner

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Re: State resolves case against Cambodian pizzeria owner

Post by Born-Confused »

StroppyChops wrote: I call BS. The way he was grandstanding prior to releasing his 'expose' makes this BS. He was attention whoring, plain and simple, and it blew up in his face.
But that doesn't mean you're right either.
Perhaps your view of KIR is clouding your judgement.....
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Born-Confused wrote:But that doesn't mean you're right either.
Already agreed that could be the case, no argument. Care to share your particular bias?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

"
If KiR's big expose was to 'out' this guy in some spectacular fashion, I do not accept that he backed away from doing so out of any sense of decency as he has often demonstrated he is an indecent excuse for a human."
there is a wonderful saying in Louisiana:
Alligator Mouth, Tweety bird ass.
i am surprised he got away with his antics for so long.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

frank lee bent wrote:"
If KiR's big expose was to 'out' this guy in some spectacular fashion, I do not accept that he backed away from doing so out of any sense of decency..
Agreed, 100%.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

StroppyChops wrote:
Born-Confused wrote:But that doesn't mean you're right either.
Already agreed that could be the case, no argument. Care to share your particular bias?
You're right - didn't see the previous post.....

I don't have a particular bias - I generally like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and think I am usually a reasonable judge of reading people who form an opinion of something due to an already preconceived view of someone or something. There are several on this site that I believe have this clouded view, including yourself, due to a general hatred of KIR. Maybe I am wrong, but it sure is coming through many of yours and others posts.
It's perhaps a bit like when you first joined K400 and you were calling Cambodia "Scambodia". That irritated the masses on the other side and thus painted a certain picture of you, whether it was right or wrong. Perhaps that is a reason why you were not so welcomed on their forum? Fair - probably not. But what you are doing here really is no different.
As for the actual topic - I don't know the person who is involved, but really - the incident happened years ago, he paid his penance, there was some bureaucratic nonsense involved of late - but how can that be truly newsworthy, and the source of all sorts of whacky conspiracy theories involving KIR? Fuck me dead - it must be quiet in the land of wonder at the moment.
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

440 will not be resurrecting the thread for reasons I have outlined there.

Separately, when 440 first received the bare bones of the story 2 months ago, it looked like a very very interesting story, hence KIR's initial excitement. However, once the details had been fleshed out and the facts checked that position changed. There was a debate about whether we should run it or not, and I suggested - and KiR suprisingly agreed - that it wasn't a 440 story.

Don't let those facts - which the Gen knows to be true - get in the way of your obsession Stroppy.

For a missionary and no doubt genuinely devoted man of the faith, you do seem angry and bitter and quite quite unforgiving. Isn't it time we all moved on?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Born-Confused wrote:There are several on this site that I believe have this clouded view, including yourself, due to a general hatred of KIR. Maybe I am wrong, but it sure is coming through many of yours and others posts.
Personally I don't hate KiR. I don't know him other than by his actions toward me online, and based on that I've formed an opinion. I think you'll find that I'm a lot less outspoken about him than others, proportionate to the number of posts.
It's perhaps a bit like when you first joined K400 and you were calling Cambodia "Scambodia". That irritated the masses on the other side and thus painted a certain picture of you, whether it was right or wrong. Perhaps that is a reason why you were not so welcomed on their forum? Fair - probably not. But what you are doing here really is no different.
That's a bit of a stretch, in my view you're grasping at straws here. Go back and search the archive again, you'll see that I was subjected to the same attempted slaughter and assassination the 'good old boys' greeted any "real" teacher with in those days. Don't rewrite history here, please, trying to establish that I 'irritated the masses' on 440 in this way or any other just seems a little clumsy and desperate.

To be fair though, I have annoyed certain posters here by referring to the KoW as "Bodge", a nickname I find superbly apt and charming. How do you feel about it, yay or nay?
As for the actual topic - I don't know the person who is involved, but really - the incident happened years ago, he paid his penance, there was some bureaucratic nonsense involved of late - but how can that be truly newsworthy, and the source of all sorts of whacky conspiracy theories involving KIR? Fuck me dead - it must be quiet in the land of wonder at the moment.
I think you'll find posts by me and others here about the newspaper article being a non-story that a select few attempted to use for a misdirected character assassination on a high profile expat. Did you have something concrete to contribute either way, or are you just stirring the pot and taking a shot? It's cool if that's all you're doing, that's one of the aspects of fora that provide color, but you seem to have as much agenda as you claim I do.
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

Man, SC is high strung. I think B-C was agreeing with his opinion about it being a non-story, and SC accuses him of stirring the pot and taking a shot. I don't get it.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

PhnomRon wrote:Man, SC is high strung. I think B-C was agreeing with his opinion about it being a non-story, and SC accuses him of stirring the pot and taking a shot. I don't get it.
:) That's how you interpreted BC's post? My mistake, I didn't realise the time...
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

StroppyChops wrote:
PhnomRon wrote:Maybe your friendship with the guy and your feelings toward KiR are clouding your judgment a bit.
That's always a possibility.

Tell me this, when you were a teenager would you have thought to ask for proof of age if a foreign girl looked the age she told you she was?
I don't know. To the best of my memory, when I was 19 I was not trying to get into the pants of 14 year old girls (and when I was 35, I wasn't burglarizing private libraries to steal rare books).

Are you claiming that the girl in question told him she was older? That's pretty much the #1 excuse every guy uses when arrested for doing stuff with underage girls, it doesn't mean it's true. You should be more objective and skeptical of claims like that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic