MOD officer throws wife and kids out on the street

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

MOD officer throws wife and kids out on the street

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

22 April 2018
Phnom Penh: A mean-tempered army officer is arrested after mistreating his family.
The suspect is named Men Virak, a 32-year-old military officer with the rank of Lieutenant General of the Ministry of National Defense.

According to the wife's statement, she has been married to her husband since 2009 and they have two children, a boy and a girl. However, throughout their marriage, the husband has insulted and repeatedly harassed and used violence against her. She attempted to divorce him, but was unable to, and eventually she took the children back to live with their father.

On this occasion, on the night of April 20, the suspect came home dead drunk and in a mean mood. He insulted and raped his wife, then he locked his wife and children out of the house and threw their belongings out on the street.
Following a complaint by the woman, the police arrived and arrested the husband for acts of violence. He was taken down to the police station for questioning and charges.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: MOD officer throws wife and kids out on the street

Post by that genius »

Sad, really. I wonder how many of these are arranged marraiages?
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

A lieutenant general at only 32...wish i could say i was impressed

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Must be a very good soldier and pass all required courses to get promoted.

It's not as if he is a Star General or anything silly.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Arget wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm Must be a very good soldier and pass all required courses to get promoted.

It's not as if he is a Star General or anything silly.
One would assume his dad is the star general.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Is it just me or does that ID look pretty sketchy? Besides the photo falling out it looks a bit copy-shop.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:31 pm Image
Is it just me or does that ID look pretty sketchy? Besides the photo falling out it looks a bit copy-shop.
He is secretly Yuon. I heard it from Rain Man. :assasin:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote:Image
Yeah, I think anything printed more than about 10 years ago looks pretty fake. Maybe because quality has come a long way or something.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic