Recruitment agencies in Phnom Penh

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Randolphgb
Expatriate
Great Britain

Recruitment agencies in Phnom Penh

Post by Randolphgb »

Can anybody recommend a recruitment agency in Phnom Penh? I'm looking for a Khmer media studies graduate with a low starting wage. I was told this could be around $300 - $400 for a graduate. Does that sound about right?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Recruitment agencies in Phnom Penh

Post by that genius »

Facebook is your best bet. You're obviously worried about costs, so avoid agencies. Every Khmer has at least one Facebook account.

Try Phnom Penh Jobs Alert (FB group)

Or Limkokwing university, they do media studies, iirc.

If you pay peanuts, what do you get? Not judging your wage, but even you say your rate is low...what do you expect?

Hope this helps.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I'm an admin on Phnom Penh Jobs Alert. Starting salary sounds about right, but you'd want to increase that annually based on performance, possibly offer incentives.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

whats the difference between a 180$ monkey and 400$ monkey? NOTHING, tried that done that, unless you are looking at special skill set, which in this case you are, so good luck, better get them young and train them according to your needs, without all the bad influences
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

They have had 18 years of exposure to influences, whatever negative baggage they come with it is very hard to remove

I would start them off on the lower rate and sign an agreement based on performance that makes provision for increases.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic