RT for laughs!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: RT for laughs!

Post by that genius »

Tithes? Malachi 3:10, the biggest con (apart from organised religion itself) in history.

No one will punish you for your beliefs, I hope, but be prepared to defend them in a logical manner.

I worship Lassie, the only true Dog, and everyone else is going to Hell.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: RT for laughs!

Post by cptrelentless »

that genius wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:09 am
cptrelentless wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:19 pm Except it's not really baseless, though, is it?
1. I want PROOF they illegally meddled in the US election. For now, we'll forget how the US meddled in countless foreign elections

2. I want PROOF they poisoned Skripal. For now, we'll forget how the US has consistently avoided signing the Geneva Protocol of 1925 (Chemical weapons) or the fact they used Agent Orange, nuclear weapons, etc

3. I want PROOF they gassed the White Helmet trash in Syria. For now we'll forget who funded them.

YOU don't want PROOF. You just accept whatever Fox News tells you.

Now look at your government.

That is the result of NOT wanting PROOF.

Remember Iraq and WMD? Doh.

Your blind acceptance is funnier than the videos. Almost.

Good day.
I don't watch Fox News, except when I see humorous Youtube clips of them contradicting themselves. I'm more of an Inforwars man. So from your arguments you are saying that Russia is a free and fair democracy, a bastion of truth and justice? Have a load of American dissidents in Russia died in suspicious circumstances? I don't know of any, I know of loads of Russian journalists who have floated down the Volga but what about people like Snowden? Is there anybody other than Snowden? How come they don't turn up dead all the time? If we are trying to talk about Russia, there's no point saying, "Ah but other country does this" because I'm pretty sure your mum told you that two wrongs don't make a right. It's funny you should argue that way anyhow, as you seem to be a bit of a lefty, as that's the argument the alt-right use all the time.

1. The investigation is currently in progress, so evidence is continually being released. There was certainly contact between Trump's immediate family and Russians of questionable backgrounds, and there has been significant amounts of political advertising from Russian sources, that proof has been all over the news. The actual depth and impact of this will all come out in the investigation but as you say it is very common for other countries to try and bend elections to their own vested interests, the only reason you can't really do it in reverse to Russia is because their elections are a complete fiddle. They're already stuffing the ballot boxes themselves. There's video of them doing this. Also, anyone who is viable opposition to Putin has already been imprisoned/banished/poisoned.

2. Interestingly enough the Novichok fourth generation toxins were developed to get around chemical weapons protocols, they are quite hard to detect as they don't become toxic until mixed. Russia developed them to deliberately circumvent the law, so we can say they are equally as bad as the Americans in this aspect. Once again, investigation is ongoing but with any attempted murder case you look for motive. Who, other than Putin, would want Skripal dead? He's a retired agent so he's of no interest to the CIA or MI6, and they are the ones who swapped him out for Chapman et al, much to the disgust of a number of security people who thought it was a shit deal. So, it's highly unlikely that MI6 or the CIA would kill him. Plus Salisbury is Tory heartland, what government with a narrow majority is going to risk a mass poisoning right in their voter heartland? It's only because England has shit unreliable weather that other people didn't die. We know from analysis of the chemical that it's a Novichok, as we have traced it back to the factory it was made in. So the would-be assassin had to be supplied by the Russian government, how else would they have got it from a massively top-secret government lab? You can't just wander in and nick it. So we have a Russian dissident killed by a Russian manufactured poison and a history of Russian dissidents being poisoned by Russian state agents. Clearly it was the Libyans.

3. I posted the link from Bellingcat in the Syria thread, there is proof a plenty. If you remember Bellingcat are independent citizen journalists, so as there's thousands of them it's difficult to swing them around to your way of thinking or politically influence them. They were the ones who traced the Russian missile launcher that shot down MH17. So yeah, he dropped chlorine gas on them. He's done it before, he'll do it again.

I would actually like to know who you think is responsible for these acts, especially the Skripal poisoning. Clearly you have someone else in mind, so lets hear your theories on these. Obviously they have more convincing evidence, so roll out your evidence to the contrary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic