Where exactly is Psar Damcla

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Where exactly is Psar Damcla

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I've encountered several references to a semi-structured marketplace for army stuff like boots and field kits and so forth, called Psar Damcla. Most of these references describe it as being "on Russian Federation, on the way to the airport, across from the waterpark," but that description isn't helping me through the language barrier with my tuk-tuk driver.

If the place still exists at all (reports are non-current), could someone help* me out with the number of a specific cross-street?

Thanks, everyone, and cheers.
Dangerous Dave.

(*As always, non-responsive, teachable-moment condescension of the 'why-would-anyone-want-to-go-there' variety will be respectfully but resolutely ignored, thanks in advance.)
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Where exactly is Psar Damcla

Post by that genius »

Maybe Phsar Deumkor?

Check your hearing aid.

Why are you doing a Rambo on us?
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Dangerous Dave wrote:I've encountered several references to a semi-structured marketplace for army stuff like boots and field kits and so forth, called Psar Damcla. Most of these references describe it as being "on Russian Federation, on the way to the airport, across from the waterpark," but that description isn't helping me through the language barrier with my tuk-tuk driver.

If the place still exists at all (reports are non-current), could someone help* me out with the number of a specific cross-street?

Dangerous Dave.

(*As always, non-responsive, teachable-moment condescension of the 'why-would-anyone-want-to-go-there' variety will be respectfully but resolutely ignored, thanks in advance.)
There is no 'damcla' anything afaik.

There is Teuk Thla market, I think it's next to Royal Phnom Penh hospital which is known for army/police gear.

https://goo.gl/maps/SKXPUqZoQPz
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Teuk Thla market Sen Sok district

Map location:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tek+T ... 04.8797996
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's Psah Teuk Tla, just after the hospital mentioned above. There are a few shops on Russian Federation but most of it is down a lane, which doesn't have any number. There are a lot of tailors making military uniforms and selling other stuff like badges, belts, boots etc. It's not at all cheap. One shop I'd recommend is "Skyland" on 271, almost opposite the junction with 269. They sell all the stuff you mentioned, 5-11 gear, kevlar helmets, gun sights etc. You'll probably find a better range there than in the whole Teuk Tla market and it's much more reasonably priced.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Skyland sounds like an extremely promising lead -- can you help me a little more with the location? Since 271 and 269 are both north-south oriented, I assume we're talking about Skyland being between two cross-streets, on a busier street, perhaps Russian Federation?
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Never mind: I'm stupid. 271 is the one that makes the big loop, and 269 is one of the spokes, I got it. :-)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah, it's about 4 shops to the left of Angkor Meas Guest House, it's got a picture of Che Guevara on the front and on its bags for some strange reason.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:51 pm I've encountered several references to a semi-structured marketplace for army stuff like boots and field kits and so forth, called Psar Damcla. Most of these references describe it as being "on Russian Federation, on the way to the airport, across from the waterpark," but that description isn't helping me through the language barrier with my tuk-tuk driver.

Dangerous Dave.

heres the khmer spellings to show your moto driver

if you want to check out Psar Dtuk Thla in Khmer its spelt ផ្សារ​ទឹកថ្លា
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Borei ... 7395?hl=en

that genius suggestion of Phsar Dermkor is spelt ផ្សារដើមគរ
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Doeur ... 3888?hl=en

and this is Skyland on 271 https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@11.56029 ... 312!8i6656
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Skyland...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic