Facebook

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Facebook

Post by Arget »

I have a facebook profile that allows me to keep contact with some friends but mainly for contact with staff of a place I sometimes work.
One of the posters attaches terrible stuff including actual videos of suicides, photos much more graphic by far than anything seen on the CEO Darknet.

They even shared the video of the bloke who murdered his wife jumping of the bridge. Another is of a bloke actually setting up his phone so he can video him hanging himself.

In some (as you will have seen on local news) shows many people including kids of all ages viewing murder victims from close up and of traffic accidents. Is this exposure making the young ones sensitivities and acceptance of violence and death prone to accept that this is a natural part of life?

I am saddened that they post videos of their last moments and that they share with family and everyone else such horrific actions. They are distressing to see and I have a filter now that blokes much of the graphic photos.

I am also surprised that Facebook allow this stuff to be uploaded.

And finally. NO I will not be posting them on CEO. =@
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Facebook

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Facebook won’t allow them but they have to be flagged / reported to Facebook for any action to be taken.

The Khmers morbid curiosity with death and gore has always astounded me. They are completely desensitized to this type of thing and don’t get why we westerners feel so differently about it.

I have had a few connections lost shit like this and they get unfriended pretty quickly. You can’t control what they post but you can control what you choose to see on your timeline.
Vpdcurt
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Facebook

Post by Vpdcurt »

Sad stuff but that’s the new reality in which we love.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Is there any difference between someone taking a video of hanging themselves to die and someone taking a video of themselves drinking themselves to death. The end result is the same in both cases.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

"Is there any difference between someone taking a video of hanging themselves to die and someone taking a video of themselves drinking themselves to death. The end result is the same in both cases."

Uh, yes.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Duncan wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 am Is there any difference between someone taking a video of hanging themselves to die and someone taking a video of themselves drinking themselves to death. The end result is the same in both cases.
But watching someone drinking him- or herself to death will be quite a lengthy video. Usually takes a few years, hanging yourself seconds. Maybe that's why?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Facebookers are leaving in droves...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic