Hua Hin: Norwegian man attacked by bull shark (+video)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Hua Hin: Norwegian man attacked by bull shark (+video)

Post by phuketrichard »

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:54 pm read somewhere that bull shark is the most aggressive of all shark species, even more than great white
swimming with the great white;

Without doubt the great white is the most dangerous of all sharks and the statistics back this up with over 400 attacks recorded worldwide of which many were fatal. Ironically, it is the great white that needs protecting from man and with numbers on the decline it is a protected species in many countries.
The bull shark (Carcharhinus leucas) is considered to be the most dangerous shark of all by many. However, it doesn’t seem to have acquired quite the reputation of the great white and tiger sharks.
What makes bull sharks particularly dangerous to humans is the likelihood of crossing paths with one of these brutes is higher than with any other of the dangerous sharks. Not only does the bull shark live in shallow coastal waters it can do something most other sharks cannot – tolerate fresh water. The sharks specially adapted kidneys allow it to travel thousands of miles up rivers and even live in lakes. Not happy with merely being able to swim up the rivers of the world the bull shark has also claimed many victims in freshwater.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

There were dozens of Sharks on the streets of Phnom Penh when I was there last. Managed to survive though. :D
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:37 pm

I think they have problems with bull sharks in Florida too. That wouldn't be too cold there.
I've done bull shark dives in Florida and off Playa del Carmen, it was cool at first but got boring just sitting there, more exciting seeing them off a wreck. They'll come up on you spear fishing too and I've had to relinquish my catch a time or two after being sized up. Thing about bull sharks is they like to swim in the canals and can tolerate fresh water so they'll find their way into a lake sometimes, so if the alligators weren't enough to worry about.

If it was in that close to shore it was hungry, guy is lucky, looks like he'll be able to keep his foot.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic