Any agriculture experts in the Siem Reap area?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freytag
Tourist
Cambodia

Any agriculture experts in the Siem Reap area?

Post by Freytag »

Hallo there. 9 years ago I bought 35 hectares of farmland approximately 15 kilometer north of Phnom Kullen. 400 meters from the main road nr. 67 to Siem Reap/Along Veng.
Good Kautdchuk land. Or Bamboo (wild bamboo in the area). Or anything else for that matter, except rice. Good red soil. Access to water and flood secure.
Now we want to get rid of it. Have been in contact with some investors but they all think it's too small. They're mostly looking for 1000 or more hectares.
I still think it's a nice plot of land for someone who seriously is interested in for example a rubber plantation. Not for the Okniha type with millions of dollars under the bed, but more middle-class or upper middle-class type who has like +150.000 $ lying around. ( That would include the purchase of the land plus the cash you need to pull it off). And time, like 5 to 7 years. Then you would have a money machine for the next 20-30 years.
I have difficulty in finding the best hectare price and the general situation up there. What's the demand in that area?
I live in PP. It's too much hassle from here. Could use some advice from knowledgeable people in the Siam Reap area. Thanks.
Soyoung123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Any agriculture experts in the Siam Reap area?

Post by Soyoung123 »

There is a Facebook group named Siem Reap Agriculture Network That might be able to help.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Re: Any agriculture experts in the Siam Reap area?

Post by kocdim »

Freytag wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 am Hallo there. 9 years ago I bought 35 hectares of farmland approximately 15 kilometer north of Phnom Kullen. 400 meters from the main road nr. 67 to Siem Reap/Along Veng.
Good Kautdchuk land. Or Bamboo (wild bamboo in the area). Or anything else for that matter, except rice. Good red soil. Access to water and flood secure.
Now we want to get rid of it. Have been in contact with some investors but they all think it's too small. They're mostly looking for 1000 or more hectares.
I still think it's a nice plot of land for someone who seriously is interested in for example a rubber plantation. Not for the Okniha type with millions of dollars under the bed, but more middle-class or upper middle-class type who has like +150.000 $ lying around. ( That would include the purchase of the land plus the cash you need to pull it off). And time, like 5 to 7 years. Then you would have a money machine for the next 20-30 years.
I have difficulty in finding the best hectare price and the general situation up there. What's the demand in that area?
I live in PP. It's too much hassle from here. Could use some advice from knowledgeable people in the Siam Reap area. Thanks.
So how much you selling per hectare?? Approximately 4K-4.5K per hectare?? Nice if you include pictures.
Freytag
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Any agriculture experts in the Siem Reap area?

Post by Freytag »

I @soyoung123 thanks for that tip. Worth checking out. I'm not really making a sales pitch yet, with pics etc. Just wanted to stick a finger in the ground. 4 to 4,5 k for one hectare is actually more the we and my partner anticipated. So, if I want to make a pitch, I have to post that in the classified section?
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

dang, siam reap is too far for me
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

No sorry to miss lead you. I'm just gathering info. Next year I plan to buy 5-10 hectares, but in some north provinces. It was just for personal information. I really dont have the money nor the interest in the location. Again I apologize
Freytag wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:29 am I @soyoung123 thanks for that tip. Worth checking out. I'm not really making a sales pitch yet, with pics etc. Just wanted to stick a finger in the ground. 4 to 4,5 k for one hectare is actually more the we and my partner anticipated. So, if I want to make a pitch, I have to post that in the classified section?
Freytag
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Freytag »

Yeah, I found out the hard way. :D
I wouldn't recommend it for a Barang to live there unless you're comfortable in the Tundra. You have to live in SR or on the other side of Phnom Kullen where it's more picturesk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic