British English Teacher STEVE EDWARDS Arrested After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British English Teacher STEVE EDWARDS Arrested After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: A 48 year old British man, Stephen Brian Edwards, has been detained after becoming homeless, sleeping on the streets and begging for money in Phnom Penh around Street 172.

Recently, the department of investigations and procedures took Stephen Edwards from Psar Kandl police post to the immigration department to follow legal procedures.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: British STEPHEN BRIAN EDWARDS Detained After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Post by rozzieoz »

About time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: British STEPHEN BRIAN EDWARDS Detained After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Post by that genius »

I would prefer CRCs for every expat in Cambodia.

And mandatory academic record checks for every teacher.

I have a funny feeling around 50% (I'm being generous here) would have to leave stat.

The one, homeless benign guy is not the problem.

Bigger fish.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British English Teacher STEVE EDWARDS Arrested After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Post by John Bingham »

At least he'll still have Jesus whatever happens.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: British English Teacher STEVE EDWARDS Arrested After Being Homeless in Phnom Penh

Post by Cam Nivag »

A month ago he posted on Facebook that he was living a dream.

He also posted that even if you're super rich, you should pretend to be a penniless junkie begging on the streets, and see how people respond.

So maybe he's actually super rich.

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

See, he's just pretending.

Poor Steve. I've known him for years and he's a good guy. Getting deported back home is probably a good move for anyone who ends up begging on the streets of Phnom Penh. I wish him the best.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

or maybe he is disgusting it as eccentric (acceptable weirdness when u r rich) when actually he is really penniless :?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Alan Jensen
Tourist
Australia

Post by Alan Jensen »

Round them all up! As if there's not enough beggars in Cambodia without foreigners doing it too!
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:34 pm Phnom Penh, Cambodia: A 48 year old British man, Stephen Brian Edwards, has been detained after becoming homeless, sleeping on the streets and begging for money in Phnom Penh around Street 172.

Recently, the department of investigations and procedures took Stephen Edwards from Psar Kandl police post to the immigration department to follow legal procedures.

RLD
Tourist
Denmark

Post by RLD »

Yes it certainly seemed it was just a matter of time these last months. Hitting rock bottom is probably the best that could happen for him.

Does anybody know how this works? I didn't give him money when he started begging but I would support him getting back home. Will he be put on a flight home? At who's expense?
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Employed where?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic