What items would you most like to see in an Import Store?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: What items would you most like to see in an Import Store

Post by OrangeDragon »

0to60 wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:You can get pinto beans at orussey market in PP.

And i should have also said, no alcohol... the import on that is trickier than i want to deal with.
Thanks for that. Do they also have spaghetti and canned spaghetti sauce at o'russei?
Not that i'm aware of, but they have it at lucky's.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

all of these foods... when i said dry goods i was thinking more along the lines of appliances/accessories/furnishings/gadgets/etc.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

geez... cambodia is full of all sort of spaghettis... and noodles
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

OrangeDragon wrote:
potty wrote:coffee, of course.. of course, you dont have this in the US either

some of the european brands (dallmayr, jacobs, etc)
actually, there is only the italian espressos.

edible oranges, think you dont have in the US.
Naval oranges are a major US product... but not a dry good. they have them at lucky's usually.
emphasis was on edible.
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

LOL :Yahoo!:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Belmonte Latin Foods in Singapore has bulk Masa Harina, I believe he will ship by PO, takes visa/paypal and has an on-line store.

Decaf Coffee beans, molasses, Stivia, a decent stocking of auto parts (like Autozone, Pep-Boys does), decent tools like Snap-on, etc, electrical products that work 100% of the time, a decent hardware store like Ace, home Depot, etc, in store customer service, decent wide shoes in bigger sizes, thick cut American grain-fed black angus T-bone steaks and Rib Eyes with the bone on, dehumidifiers.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

You know, I was really thinking the ACE line... because I saw one in malaysia and was in heaven. But I wasn't sure how well it would sell stuff. Tools/etc... is there really a lot of barang demand for them? Khmer's wouldn't pay the extra in most cases... and barangs usually hire khmers to do such jobs as require them.

Decaf coffee is a great one... molasses good as well, but i have to wonder how popular it would be. Dehumidifiers... brilliant... why aren't those here already? lol.

Beef would be great, but a refrigerated container is likely way more expensive.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Weber Charcoal grills and smokers

OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

already on my list ;-)
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Are you just looking for products that aren't available in Cambodia that you can get in the US?

Quite a few products for women. For one, fancy lady razors. No one stocks them yet (like Venus, Venus Breeze, etc). Underwear and brassieres in Western sizes and styles. High-end makeup brands. For brands like MAC, even going to Bangkok or Singapore doesn't usually cut it because they don't carry the colors for peachy skin tones because locals don't use them.

For dry food (which I know you aren't interested in but whatever) I would also vote for Mexican ingredients and supplies. If you do decide to go this route, canned tomatillos, masa harina, dried chilies, etc. Happy to provide a more in-depth list. Non-Mexican ingredients would be dried porcini mushrooms, dried apricots. Basically if you could set upTrader Joe's, that would great.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic