Sympathy for the devil

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sympathy for the devil

Post by Beerinthemorning »

philipinos have the weakest currency in SEA right now
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

if the 'devil' is the bargirls, they can do sneakouts too that no one else should know about :bong:
thru shit to more shit
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Artful Dodger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:00 am About 20 years ago when I first ventured into Vietnam, the locals referred to Filipinos as the Jews of the Pacific, while Filipinos referred to Vietnamese as the Jews of Asia. I am now thinking Cambodia is a runner up, if not leading the pool.

I speak in the topic of the Girly Bars which according to Forbes economic data, is a economy/trade indicator as is the amount of rubbish delivered to the tip in New York city.

When I first ventured into Vietnam, "bar fines" in the girly bars were unheard of, but now are becoming more common. Perhaps most now demand bar fines. This precursor entered Cambodia girly bars well before it did in Vietnam and I doubt any girly bar now in HE's empire do not demand it.

That being said, I feel sympathy for the bar girl who's income seems to be reducing, while the bar owners increases. In the infamous street 136 in P.P., and in bars of Sihanoukville Square, I speak with the bar girls (impossible not to without telling them to "F" off.)
The girls tell me of the varying bar fines to be paid to take a girl out, of which the girl receives none of that. It is also the common situation that of what payment the girl is paid by her horny customer, the bar takes a percentage. Talking with a few girls at the Butterfly Bar in P.P., they told me they paid half of their payment back to the bar. I recall a few years ago where the girls at the same bar said they retained all of what their customer paid them.

I do not recall the name of the bar where a bar girl there told me she had to pay the bar $5 a day to be there looking for customers, wether she had a customer or not, and the customer still had to pay a bar fine if he took her.

Am I mistaken in my observation? Is it the case that the bar owners are increasing their takings at the expense of the bar girl?

As a economic reflection, in talking with a friend of mine who is in obtaining supply for the Korean clothing supplier she works for , she tells me it is now the case that most, if not all garment manufacturers, have introduced a system where first time employees work without salary for 3 months for what they call "training period". She tells me now creeping in, is where the employer has the new employee pay a fee to the employer for that 3 training period before receiving salary.
Economy/ Trade indicators my arse.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 pm
Artful Dodger wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:00 am About 20 years ago when I first ventured into Vietnam, the locals referred to Filipinos as the Jews of the Pacific, while Filipinos referred to Vietnamese as the Jews of Asia. I am now thinking Cambodia is a runner up, if not leading the pool.

I speak in the topic of the Girly Bars which according to Forbes economic data, is a economy/trade indicator as is the amount of rubbish delivered to the tip in New York city.

When I first ventured into Vietnam, "bar fines" in the girly bars were unheard of, but now are becoming more common. Perhaps most now demand bar fines. This precursor entered Cambodia girly bars well before it did in Vietnam and I doubt any girly bar now in HE's empire do not demand it.

That being said, I feel sympathy for the bar girl who's income seems to be reducing, while the bar owners increases. In the infamous street 136 in P.P., and in bars of Sihanoukville Square, I speak with the bar girls (impossible not to without telling them to "F" off.)
The girls tell me of the varying bar fines to be paid to take a girl out, of which the girl receives none of that. It is also the common situation that of what payment the girl is paid by her horny customer, the bar takes a percentage. Talking with a few girls at the Butterfly Bar in P.P., they told me they paid half of their payment back to the bar. I recall a few years ago where the girls at the same bar said they retained all of what their customer paid them.

I do not recall the name of the bar where a bar girl there told me she had to pay the bar $5 a day to be there looking for customers, wether she had a customer or not, and the customer still had to pay a bar fine if he took her.

Am I mistaken in my observation? Is it the case that the bar owners are increasing their takings at the expense of the bar girl?

As a economic reflection, in talking with a friend of mine who is in obtaining supply for the Korean clothing supplier she works for , she tells me it is now the case that most, if not all garment manufacturers, have introduced a system where first time employees work without salary for 3 months for what they call "training period". She tells me now creeping in, is where the employer has the new employee pay a fee to the employer for that 3 training period before receiving salary.
Economy/ Trade indicators my arse. Another cheapskate sex-tourist tries to dress up his miserly habits as "caring about exploitation". :facepalm:
How incredibly offensive your words are to me !!
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

sorry that some of our members are so unkind.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:16 am sorry that some of our members are so unkind.
especially PR and JB
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

cry me a river trollio

Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 am cry me a river trollio

those two are the reap trolls, I know more than them both put together
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Artful Dodger wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:23 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Economy/ Trade indicators my arse. Another cheapskate sex-tourist tries to dress up his miserly habits as "caring about exploitation". :facepalm:
How incredibly offensive your words are to me !!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 am cry me a river trollio

Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic