State resolves case against Cambodian pizzeria owner

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: State resolves case against Cambodian pizzeria owner

Post by General Mackevili »

Cunning Stunt wrote:Is Mexican a language now?
C
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

It is if you live in AmeriKa with all the citizens of Mexico.

I have a friend who was raised and lives in Pasco, Washington. The downtown business signs are in Mexican now. He had a major life threatening injury that basicly made him an cripple. He had to sue the state of Washington for his guaranteed benefits. While he was cut off from his earned benefits he ran out of money for medical help. He went to a clinic in Pasco run by the US federal government. He was told he had to leave and could not see a doctor because he was not an illegal alien (Mexican.)

Grudge against OD. No, I just answer his degrading and personally offensive comments.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sailorman wrote:It is if you live in AmeriKa with all the citizens of Mexico.

I have a friend who was raised and lives in Pasco, Washington. The downtown business signs are in Mexican now. He had a major life threatening injury that basicly made him an cripple. He had to sue the state of Washington for his guaranteed benefits. While he was cut off from his earned benefits he ran out of money for medical help. He went to a clinic in Pasco run by the US federal government. He was told he had to leave and could not see a doctor because he was not an illegal alien (Mexican.)

Grudge against OD. No, I just answer his degrading and personally offensive comments.
I find it amusing you're bothered about degrading and offensive comments... given how many you make about anyone who's not of your "type".
Cunning Stunt
Tourist

Post by Cunning Stunt »

You know what else could be considered offensive? A person from El Salvador or Costa Rica being called Mexican because they speak a language called Spanish.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Cunning Stunt wrote:You know what else could be considered offensive? A person from El Salvador or Costa Rica being called Mexican because they speak a language called Spanish.
And to answer the question about mexican being a language... sort of. It's mexican spanish. different from central american spanish, which is different from south american spanish, which is different that the spanish spoken in spain.

all very similar, but still distinct dialects.
Cunning Stunt
Tourist

Post by Cunning Stunt »

Well sure. But can sailorman tell the difference while he is reading the Mexican signs that are plaguing downtown Pasco?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Cunning Stunt wrote:Well sure. But can sailorman tell the difference while he is reading the Mexican signs that are plaguing downtown Pasco?
Unlikely... speaking spanish, especially multiple dialects wouldn't be true blue fag hating 'merican behaviour. A nation of immigrants who hate any immigrants that arrive later than them.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Kudos! OD used "true blue" in context!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Just to clarify a bit...

This might be a touchy subject on K440 for good reason, so cut the new owners a bit of slack.

Basically, as you might know, now that we have CEO, we are randomly fed info/stories/tips about Cambodia related stuff from fellow members or random people. We look into it all, and some we decide to publish and some we decide is better left untouched. Keep 'em coming!

A couple months ago KiR mentioned an "expose sure to rock the expat community."

We got wind of it, looked into it ourselves and decided it was much ado about nothing, which is what most expats seem to also think about it now. Based on everything we learned about KiR's version, it appeared to be nothing but an irresponsible smear piece with the "intent" of being a character assassination of the guy for no other reason than to drive traffic to Khmer440.

We contacted the dude about the story that was about to be published about him, and he contacted the courts to clear it up, which is done now. Simple as that.

It is quite obvious that most people weren't in favour of running the version KiR was working on, and it apparently got canned. He probably wasn't very happy with us either, but I think we did the right thing. I believe he even banned/deleted a couple K440 posters that merely asked about the supposed expose.

Personally, I'm glad a regular news channel got a hold of it rather than K440 publishing a typical smear piece on an expat just to get some more traffic. Much ado about nothing.

And as a funny aside, we even had a few people approach us and ask us if we thought the expose was about them, and then they proceeded to tell us their own sketchy story of what they thought it might be about, LoL! I would fathom a guess that no less than 10 expats were packed and ready to leave at a moment's notice when Khmer440's expose dropped, and at least 5 left already just to be safe, LoL!

Anyways, that's the basics. Hope that helps clear things up a bit and justifies the new owners' reasons for distancing themselves from this story now.

So, no big conspiracy. We think KiR did the right thing by deciding not to run with it, and I would hope it explains why even the new owners would rather not touch it at all.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Not so, I only answer offensive comments aimed at me with barbed answers. Play nice-nice, you get treated like a fellow human being, Act like a foul mouthed fool you are treated like one.

All illegal aliens who have invaded my country being called "Mexicans?" I'm sorry I didn't know the geography police where on board. I really don't care were their come from, they are people who knowingly broke the law in my country and are being treated better than the American citizens. Its interesting to see that Australia is having a "boat people" problem, but at least they have the good sense to not let them land and ship them to someplace not on there own territory before they are shipped home. Good on you Australia, your politicians have more guts then the idiots we have running America.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic