43 Cambodians Convicted of Crimes in the USA & Deported to Cambodia Arrive Today

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: 43 Cambodians Convicted of Crimes in the USA & Deported to Cambodia Arrive Today

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:03 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:@kiwiincambodia hes back :plus1:
Love these....

HAHAHAHAHAHA :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: 43 Cambodians Convicted of Crimes in the USA & Deported to Cambodia Arrive Today

Post by that genius »

So, tell us why you want to work with us.

I need to eat and pay my rent.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

that genius wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:19 pm Another point is that these guys will not be applying for highbrow jobs, probably labouring/blue collar/simple admin jobs, and as Jamie points out, at blue-collar level, pay is queried very quickly.

However, if they were interviewing for a CEO position, then the protocol is somewhat different, and they would get around to the question later on, and in a more subtle way.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
violet
Expatriate

Re: Cambodians Deported from USA

Post by violet »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:10 pm While I don’t personally know all the reasons these Cambodians were deported, I do know many of them were escaping war and some of them have been in the U.S. for decades. It’s sad to me there wasn’t a different solution. Many will have no idea how to integrate into a country they know nothing about. Many don’t know the language and won’t get assistance. Let’s not toss real human beings around and just see what happens. That’s simply not love.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ac ... 3485e3da6c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps give them a bit of credit instead of welding them into the victim pigeon hole. Many a person, of many a background, has successfully relocated to a new country.

Regardless of how they got here, the are now here. Positive atfitude makes a difference to their future, much like the Down syndrome kids who had parents who refused to limit their options based on stereotypes and victim labels.

Oh, but that doesn't match the narrative.

Family left behind are going to have it mentally/emotionally harder in some ways.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

that genius wrote:Another point is that these guys will not be applying for highbrow jobs, probably labouring/blue collar/simple admin jobs, and as Jamie points out, at blue-collar level, pay is queried very quickly.

However, if they were interviewing for a CEO position, then the protocol is somewhat different, and they would get around to the question later on, and in a more subtle way.
So Mr. Both, from the post, with his bachelors degree, is NOT going to be applying for a " high brow " job here? Coz he got caught with a joint?
Really?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Nith. Fucking autothingy.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

SangieC
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SangieC »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:05 pm
taabarang wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:35 pm I hope to meet them. Do they have an established hangout in PP?
The Cool Lounge, st.440, TTP

Tiny Toones NGO
and 1Love Cambodia https://www.facebook.com/1LoveCambodia/?ref=br_rs
SangieC
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SangieC »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:01 am Image
In an interview with Koh Santepheap, Tan Sonnich, executive director of the Unpaid Khmer Citizen Support Organization, located in Thiruvanet Sok, Phnom Penh, April 6, 2018, said that 22 Cambodians sent back to Cambodia by the US had been taken in by relatives, but that 22 people were still homeless and had no relatives in Cambodia. 16 women are among the deportees.
There's 3 women... don't know where the 16 figure came from?
SangieC
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SangieC »

that genius wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 pm I read that the govt is organising Khmer lessons, a place to stay, and training for them, ie blue-collar trade

If they fuck that up, then they really do deserve nuffink

Let's wait and see before judging
The Cambodian government hasn't organized Jack Shit for them and contributes no money at all to supporting them when they arrive... The US pays for KVAO (formerly RISC) to provide basic orientation and housing services when they first arrive and then groups like 1Love Cambodia (a volunteer group led by former deportees) attempt to provide community based support with donations from their community both here in Cambodia and in the States. The government said they would to dress up the fact that they've sold their fellow Cambodians down the river so that they could still get their visa access to the US, but it'll will definitely be interesting to wait and see what they do for the deportees..
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I knew an American Cambodian who came to Cambodia to live voluntarily. He was working as a teacher. The school paid him the same as other Khmers despite his US education. Their reasoning was they didn't want to create jealousy amongst the Khmer staff. So these guys that are criminals here on their life sentence had better get used to the idea of living on less than $200 per month. That's very hard to do without family as backup.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic