Kittens....

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kittens....

Post by David Stearn »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:42 pm Why not kill the cats? Rarely read a worse comment.
I didn't say Kill, I said Euthanize. It's a humane way to deal with the problem so that resources can be allocated to better causes. Animal shelters do it all the time. Sorry, not everyone is a cat lover, and just because I don't care about them doesn't make me a bad person. I am just a lot more pragmatic than that.
The Doctor will see you now.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

The two boys in question are healthy cats and I trying to find a good place for them. Euthanasia is a deliberate misnomer as the words signifies ending the life of a being suffering considerable pain from an incurable and terminal disease. Advice on killing the two kittens is simply insulting. This the more so as the third has already been placed. Worries about my finances are not welcome and if somebody feels the urge to advice local animal shelters he may go there and spread the supposed wisdom. I cant help it but your reasoning sounds so familiar. Do you have some of those German biology school books? Edition 1938? Same argument, not on cats though. The intent to destroy, speak kill, speaks for itself. No need to say more.

This thread is not about killing animals, it is about saving some. It is specific about those two little buggers that add to the life of the handicapped boy across the alley who loves them (but cant keep any), the little ones who since their arrival kept rodents away from my apartment and that of my immediate neighbor. They are very well-behaved, very attached, and would also be good with children.

So please, if you have some info on people who might be interested or even yourself being interested, contact me. Forum trolls and internet psychos better find another place like TOF, that's where you belong.
David Stearn
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Stearn »

Alright, that's fair. You are invested and I did not mean you should euthanize these specific kittens. Mine was an ill-considered knee-jerk response in general to all the kitten rhetoric elsewhere. I apologize, I do not intend to troll.
The Doctor will see you now.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Kittens have all a new home in sight. Just the checkup, vaccination and turn over within a few days. The ladies from the bank take all. Seems that Cambodians do accept kittens if they can be sure that they are clean, healthy, and vaccinated. As an emergency backup PPAWS had been willing to house the small ones until a place would have been found. Taken these point together it means that picking up a kitten in the streets is an affair that can be managed and a real way out. Maybe this encourages one or another to overcome his or her hesitation. When I m back in the fall I will probably be much more willing and less hesitant to interfere when I encounter a bad situation. The mice and rats on the block entertain an opposing view, though. ;)
Happy End in sight (and not in massage parlor).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic