Price of dried beef and fresh pork (pics included)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Price of dried beef and fresh pork (pics included)

Post by whiteribbon »

Probably the most boring question ever asked on CEO, but I would like to get some answers anyway.
I really love the dried beef they sell in the markets (see picture). I usually fry it untill its black and crunchy, better than crisps with a beer or 2. Anyway, in the market they usually charge me around $5 for a bag, always feel like I'm paying barang price, what should it actually cost when you buy it with your khmer girl- boy- friend?
Ps: what happened with the fresh pork? From $4 a kilo to $2.50 in a week time (same seller).
Last edited by whiteribbon on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Price of dried beef and fresh pork

Post by whiteribbon »

Nobody ever buys dried beef? (trying to keep this post on the front page untill I get an answer ;))
just noise, white noise
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Price of dried beef and fresh pork (pics included)

Post by frank lee bent »

i don't know the price, but i think it often is made from old buffalo, you lose about 80% of the weight by drying.
pork is very subject to overproduction from Vn and Th and is very difficult thing for local producers to profit from
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Price of dried beef and fresh pork (pics included)

Post by whiteribbon »

Thannk you oh wise one. I understand the pork thing now, still a half price reduction in a week time seems a lot. If someone could give me a dried beef price, much appreciated.
(I know it's a boring post but trying to keep it interesting by adding some gifs/pics :fool: )
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic