Cafe Amazon

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: Cafe Amazon

Post by rogerrabbit »

Arget wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:50 pm Its the free WiFi that keeps the students there not the coffee.
Not the case with Amazon. Big part amazon's revenue comes from take-away drinks. Much better business than Brown where kids buys one drink and sits hours.
canabodia
Expatriate
Canada

Post by canabodia »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: I don't get the deal of paying $3.75+ for a coffee...
I have a hard time paying that in North America lol..

Sent using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

canabodia wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Sent using Tapatalk
seriously? $3.75?? a large Latte Amazon in the ones in Thailand is 60 baht ( less than $2.00)

Been around since 2002,
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:05 pm
canabodia wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Sent using Tapatalk
seriously? $3.75?? a large Latte Amazon in the ones in Thailand is 60 baht ( less than $2.00)

Been around since 2002,
Paid around 2 dollar for an iced latte in Amazon on the way from pp to kep, maybe the pricing is different outside of the city?
just noise, white noise
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

I wouldn't drink Amazon if it was free, but at all of the local places near me an iced latte is $2.25.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic