Foreigners Working in Cambodia on Business Visas Given Extension Date of April 30 To Renew Work Permits

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreigners Working in Cambodia on Business Visas Given Extension Date of April 30 To Renew Work Permits

Post by Kammekor »

soup wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:22 am The lady at Lucky Lucky Motorcycles told me she does work permits now. Just bring your passport and money, she said, and it's a done deal.
True. But you better bring serious money.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreigners Working in Cambodia on Business Visas Given Extension Date of April 30 To Renew Work Permits

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:11 pm
soup wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:22 am The lady at Lucky Lucky Motorcycles told me she does work permits now. Just bring your passport and money, she said, and it's a done deal.
Yeah, well let us know how that works out for you. I'm betting that it costs loads and doesn't deliver (unless you already have the required documents).
They told me price depends, but varies between 290-680 USD.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

And how much will a bogus work permit like that stand up to scrutiny? The way I see it these work permits are of course a way for the Ministry of Labor to collect some resources, but primarily they are a way of getting foreigners registered and regulated. Especially with the huge recent influx of workers from East Asia.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:11 pm
Yeah, well let us know how that works out for you. I'm betting that it costs loads and doesn't deliver (unless you already have the required documents).
I don't need to work permit. I posted it as a favor for those that might because, well, you know, that is the premise of forums.

No good deed goes unpunished, right John?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

If one doesn't even understand the difference between a neutral comment/joke and an insult, this will be fun to watch.

Much money later, and still battling to get it done so that it stands up to scrutiny, LOL.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic