Chinese want fuck up southern Laos as well

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Chinese want fuck up southern Laos as well

Post by phuketrichard »

that genius wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:02 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:56 pm only thailand and vietnam will resist
When I went to Bangkok, the majority of guests in the hotel were Chinese. Three years ago there was maybe one or two Chinese guests.

I doubt most Thais will resist if the price is right
maybe time to stay in a better class of hotel? :stir:
Chinese are here, 32% of the tourists are Chinese, but their not buying up everything
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

3 star is good enough for me, thank you, richard.

Tbf, most Chinese stay in better class hotels, the 5 stars have loads of them too.

Who's spending the money in SE Asia? Even you know it's the Chinese, so your advice is pretty backward.

Probably the best way to avoid the Chinese would be to stay in the super-cheap places, the Chinese have real money, very few of them bother with super cheap places.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

that genius wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:13 pm 3 star is good enough for me, thank you, richard.

Tbf, most Chinese stay in better class hotels, the 5 stars have loads of them too.
Who's spending the money in SE Asia? Even you know it's the Chinese, so your advice is pretty backward.
Probably the best way to avoid the Chinese would be to stay in the super-cheap places, the Chinese have real money, very few of them bother with super cheap places.
for Thailand
NO way, Chinese come on no cost tours, everything is prepaid, the hotel, (Chinese stay at Thai/Chinese hotels, mostly 3 star), the tours, the shows, even the food.
PLUS what ever they spend is taken off of their Chinese bank cards charged back to their home accounts
This is what is pissing everyone off.

I'd say now the high spenders are the Russians, Singaporeans and HK Chinese, PLUS of course the Scandinavians
Probably the best way to avoid the Chinese would be to stay in the super-cheap places
Correct, but then ur only avoiding them when ur in ur room. :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

I'd say now the high spenders are the Russians, Singaporeans and HK Chinese, PLUS of course the Scandinavians

nope, just ask louis vuitton in france or gold shops in hong kong or shiseido in japan, chinks buy in bulk, all luxury goods outlets treat chinks like gods, except japanese, japs hv limit on how much chinks can buy, japs dont want chinks to cheapen their brands, clever japs, so the millenia of asians hv arrived, need to deal with it
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:54 pm I'd say now the high spenders are the Russians, Singaporeans and HK Chinese, PLUS of course the Scandinavians

nope, just ask louis vuitton in france or gold shops in hong kong or shiseido in japan, chinks buy in bulk, all luxury goods outlets treat chinks like gods, except japanese, japs hv limit on how much chinks can buy, japs dont want chinks to cheapen their brands, clever japs, so the millenia of asians hv arrived, need to deal with it
I agree with ya worldwide
BUT
i am talking about tourists in Thailand not elsewhere
Ever look at the duty free shops in Dubai and who is buying?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic