State resolves case against Cambodian pizzeria owner

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Expatriate

Re: State resolves case against Cambodian pizzeria owner

Post by 104 »

StroppyChops wrote:Fully agree, this is a non event. Like many of us the guy did some unwise things, the difference is that his stuff became public.
So the guy gets convicted of a sexual offence 23 years ago, so how long do these crimes have to be in the past to be a non event ?
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

How many Cambodians would earn indecent exposure charges for pissing in public?
Scarier than malaria.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

That's a non-event/issue because the man has been convicted and sentenced and registered. He did the offense and paid for it.
The outstanding issue was apparently a failure of the US judicial system to get its act together. The resolution of the affair has been under the form of a guilty plea and lifting of the probation and thus of the arrest warrant.

So legally he came clean.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

On many country's immigration forms, isn't there is a question about "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" Yes or No box to be checked...and probably an "If Yes, describe the offense." section also. Do Cambodian immigration forms have such a section? If they do, and someone checked "Yes, and wrote "A lewd conduct offense with a minor in 1991", I would think that person would be denied entry automatically. Checking NO would incur some sort of punishment and eventual deportation, if found to be lying. That is the way it should work, anyway.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

They don't have that section... all they have is "who are you, where are you staying, how long?"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Joon wrote:That's a non-event/issue because the man has been convicted and sentenced and registered. He did the offense and paid for it.
The outstanding issue was apparently a failure of the US judicial system to get its act together. The resolution of the affair has been under the form of a guilty plea and lifting of the probation and thus of the arrest warrant.

So legally he came clean.
This.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Joon wrote:So legally he came clean.
StroppyChops wrote:This.
That.
Scarier than malaria.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

AmeriKa the land of the not so free has more people per capita in jails/prisons than any other country on earth! (2,200,000+ in prison/jails) The attorneys/judges/bar associations run the American government, the corporations and everything else. (The Pres. is an attorney as is his wife.) The judicial system is an industry that is set up to take away your Constitutional rights, your money, your property,your life and turn you into a serf.

If you fight the American judicial system the Bar Associations not only send their thugs the cops after you, but bring the full force of the corrupt system after you. (happened to me.) You can represent yourself in court, but not your wife. children etc., unless you are a member of the private club, the Bar Associations. Take it from me, they don't want you to represent yourself as you are not a member of the club and not afraid to bring out the truth. (I sent four years in corrupt courts and faced 17 attorneys most sponsored by the US government, or a homosexual law firm sponsored by Microsoft or Bill Gates's Dad's law firm K&L Gates.)

Here is an example of the corrupt American judicial system. I sued, in Federal District Court, 10 Kitsap County Sheriff's for false arrest, false imprisonment, violation of my Constitutional rights, etc. (I had them cold with lots of evidence!) You are suppose to get a judge by an impartial lottery system. The judge I got dismissed the case before it went to trial.(they will never let you go to trial.) I filed an appeal and a complaint against the judge with the 9th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. A few weeks later I got a letter saying that they were dismissing my complaint against the judge, because he was DEAD! The Bar Association brought in a retired federal judge that was dying of cancer and stoned out of his mind on pain killers, and they held his hand while they had him sign the dismissal order. (he had no idea what he was signing.) Yes, land of the not so free!

The 2,200,000 people in the prisons/jails in AmeriKa doesn't even take into account the people in the probationary system which is another corporate growth industry along with the corporate run/supplied prisons/jails. Look up the FEMA camps around AmeriKa and tell me they don't look like Nazi concentration camps. Or look at the Fusion Centers where they can coordinate the rounding up of the American public.

Google SWAT teams in AmeriKa and you see that just about every AmeriKan federal agency has a military arm and the federal government is sponsoring a military arm for every police force across AmeriKa. (why does the Food and Drug Administration, Dept of Education, Tennesse Valley Power Authority, Railroad Retirement Board, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Office of Personnel Management need a SWAT teams?)

Read the Declaration of Independence. It states that it is the "Duty" of Americans to throw out a corrupt government. The founders of the American government knew eventually the same government they they had founded would be subverted by corrupt special interests and it would be the "Duty" of all Americans to reform the government.

The attorneys/bar associations/judges know that eventually the people of America are going to wake up and see what is happening and because of the Posse Comitatus Act (18U.S.C 1385) the US military can't fire on American citizens (except the National Guard), but the military wings of federal agencies and police forces can and will. Why do SWAT teams need armored vehicles to use against the America public? Like Nazi Germany in 1938 when the smart Jews fled and lived, I advise everyone that can flee America to do so. (SWAT Teams=Gestapo/Waffen SS)

When the puppets of the Bar Associations/judges/attorneys (as in Congressmen) wanted to pass restrictive anti-firearms legislation they went to the Library of Congress and looked up the laws passed by A. Hitler in Nazi Germany circa 1930's (this is a matter of record.)
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Tinfoil hat time!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Satiated Parrot wrote:Tinfoil hat time!
Sailorman gets like that... lol. When I envision him he's a 65 year old white guy waving a cane and screaming at kids to get off his lawn... from his apartment window.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic