Moving to combodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
urban.gd99
Tourist

Moving to combodia

Post by urban.gd99 »

Need help and advise. Need work as well. I'm us citizen

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Moving to combodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

You’re extremely vague there, but www.movetocambodia.com might help.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Read this: 7 Reasons Why You Really Shouldn't Move to Cambodia [Khmer440 link removed]
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

:popcorn:
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

are you gonna teach english then fall through the cracks and become a downward spiralling alcoholic?
urban.gd99
Tourist

Post by urban.gd99 »

No I don't drink I just want a change I been in the USA all my life. I'm 42 and just want a change.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:44 am Read this: 7 Reasons Why You Really Shouldn't Move to Cambodia [Khmer440 link removed]
A bit outdated, but still a wonderful read (even after the...th time!)
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

If the OP tells us what his outstanding warrants are for, in addition to the expiry date of his passport, Cam Nivag may be able to accurately predict how long he will last before he is ultimately arrested by the competent authorities and deported back to the USA.
james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by james1234 »

I believe this forum is a great way to learn about cambodia and to see the upsides and downsides of moving to cambodia. Following this forum for 6 months now helpt me a lot to get the picture what it is to live as expat in Cambodia.

Althought I don't live in Camabodia yet, I still want to give the OP some advise:

You told us very little (almost nothing) about your plans and so it is hard to give advise. I will tell you what I have learned in 6 months preparing for my move:
- Have you ever been in Cambodia? Take the time and travel through the country, and than decide where to live.
- Make a plan! How are you going to make money, what are your skills? How to live? What is your budget?
- Image yourself living in Cambodia. What will your daily life be?
- Prepare very very well. Read anything you can. But don't believe everything they tell you. In this and other forums there are all kinds of people/posters. Retired, working, losers, winners, serious people, trolling people, bar-tigers etc etc. With all there own opinion, thier own view on life. They write out of there experience, but that does not mean you will feel it the same way.

As they say. If you are skilled and have initiative you have a chance of succeding there, If you are a loser in the USA, you will be a loser in Cambodia too, but than without any social securaty or help!

Don't hesitate to post questions here and people will help you. But it helps if you read and investigate yourself and that ask a detailed question with good info. That you will get good answers!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic