SIHANOUKVILLE OR PATTAYA

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: SIHANOUKVILLE OR PATTAYA

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm a tourist can legally ride/operate a motorbike for 60 days in Thailand ,if ur there longer u need a thai license
There is NO such thing as an international license, its an international permit and ONLY valid with your own countries license and ur own countries license stating u are allowed to operate a motorcycle. Check ur insurance ,if u have it..
In 83-84 ; i lived in Pattaya, Nakula and Jomtien, there was NO darkside LOL
and Pattaya was not yet the city it has become.
i think he was talking about driving a 250cc bike
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:53 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm a tourist can legally ride/operate a motorbike for 60 days in Thailand ,if ur there longer u need a thai license
There is NO such thing as an international license, its an international permit and ONLY valid with your own countries license and ur own countries license stating u are allowed to operate a motorcycle. Check ur insurance ,if u have it..
doesn't matter,125, 250 , 1,200 bike, car or truck, if ur on a tourist visa u can LEGALLY ride /drive on ur own countries license for 60 days
BUT if ur riding a bike, ur home countries license must be valid for that..
ONLY need a international driving PERMIT if ur license is NOT in English
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:53 pm
doesn't matter,125, 250 , 1,200 bike, car or truck, if ur on a tourist visa u can LEGALLY ride /drive on ur own countries license for 60 days
BUT if ur riding a bike, ur home countries license must be valid for that..
ONLY need a international driving PERMIT if ur license is NOT in English
that was my point, on a British license it only allows you to drive up to 125cc anything bigger you need a motorbike license, so his license wouldnt be valid in Thailand if he was riding anything bigger than a 125cc
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Yea and what if he had a Bike license?
So as stated, if ur from the uk you need a motorbike license. Americans, to ride any motorcycle, need a motorcycle license.
Having an international driving PERMIT for a car, is not going to help you if ur stopped riding a bike
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

What about a Cambo licence? Same rules?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Much more difficult in Cambodia..unless you throw money around

I got mine years ago and pay around $35 every year to renew it...getting a new one now is a hassle, I believe...check Facebook groups motorcycles for sale in Cambodia and ask there
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

No. I mean using a Cambo licence in Thailand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic