Modest Proposal 2

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Modest Proposal 2

Post by phuketrichard »

LTO wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:I still don't agree with corralling them an placing them in protective custody. It just is not right in my mind,
yes i understand their kids but..... Until the government has a program for them... fuck u cant cure all the words problems.
The government occasionally rounds them up and sends them to rehab centers. Here's the situation they face there...beatings, rape, torture, etc:

http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/12/08/camb ... desirables
Exactly my point.
i much prefer a free fucked up kid
than one in confinement getting beat and terrorized by their own government.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

btw... what about the nitric oxide balloons ?

where is it and how much ?

still havent tried that one ;)
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

"i much prefer a free fucked up kid than one in confinement getting beat and terrorized by their own government."

I'll see you and raise you one better.

i much prefer a free fucked up kid WHOSE GLUE BAG HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM HIS GRASP, FORCIBLY OR OTHERWISE than one in confinement getting beat and terrorized by their own government.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Otis wrote:i much prefer a free fucked up kid WHOSE GLUE BAG HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM HIS GRASP, FORCIBLY OR OTHERWISE than one in confinement getting beat and terrorized by their own government.
Fortunatly it's not limited to one or the other like this.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

sorry, just gotta be blunt. This is moronic. Firstly it's THEIR country, if the locals don't see fit to do anything YOU DOING THIS would likely NOT be appreciated. Legal??? fuck, since when does THAT matter there???????????? geez, it's dumb on so many levels. Very possible these kids start out doing this thinking they're doing their family a favor by not being a mouth to feed.
You got a country where COLLEGE kids can't get work/find something to do with their time. Guys idle on pallets, motos sleep on Dailems on the street waiting for A customer. An so on. So you think kids are any different? Yer gonna take their gluebag and teach em to read an it'll be hunky dory? (in Kampong Cham it seems to be paint they like...lil silver mouthed kids drifting around).
NGO's? THEY don't even seem to care. Otis is their last hope? good grief. If the gov don't care and the tolerant "Buddhist" adults don't care and the NGO's don't care, do that tell you anything? Before you go grabbing glue from em you might try asking the lil fuckers WHY they DO IT. Are they too stupid and lazy to come up with anything better? At least canvassing them might give you an idea of what THEY might see as a better way to spend the day.
Fuck...open up a Boys Club before you do this grabbing it away shit.

Be glad they don't disappear them by night like Brazil has been known to do.

Being a twisted sort, I'd be more into helping those who SHOW they are trying rather than rewarding fucktard behavior by paying attention, throwing meals at em, etc. Probably you'd just have lazy buggers sporting gluebags to get in on that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic