Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by John Bingham »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:07 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:55 pm
Firefly wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:14 pm Is it possible these rules will relax again after July elections?
No, more likely they'll get even tighter after then.

8-)
This may be a stupid question but do you think it it possible that they would have come up with a more well rounded plan than they currently have (mainly to do with freelancers, self employed)?
Any freelancers should be deported immediately. 8-)
The self-employed or those with independent means should of course be figured into these provisions. Many of them might not work here but do spend a lot of money here, they should be encouraged.
It's also likely that they want to put foreigners under a bit more scrutiny, and they don't want anyone "living off the grid", especially not when there are taxes to be collected. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by finbar »

Any freelancers ...
The self-employed ...
Obviously they are the same thing.
More generally, people can be judged by how they shit from their perch.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah, well I was freelance/ self-employed myself for about ten years, sorry if you don't do humor.
JanethRoseBactad
Tourist
Philippines

Post by JanethRoseBactad »

Hi. Newbie here. Everything's not yet clear to me. I arrived here in PP last year august. Was invited by a friend, started my first job on the 5th of march this year. My visa is due on April 4. I have read about the new requirements. I only renew for 3 months. So what exactly are the requirements so I can do the right things. My employer is not khmer. Their business is not yet registered even if it's already 2y.o. am I running out of time? 😞😞😞
:newbie:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

James, get an employment letter and apply for another 12 mth EB EOS immediately, come April 1st you will also require a WP along with employment letter.

You should have a WP if working, your employer should be registered...I suggest you raise the issue with them.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

John Bingham wrote:Yeah, well I was freelance/ self-employed myself for about ten years, sorry if you don't do humor.
They closed golden Sorya when he stopped work.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Nah, it was back when Golden Sorya looked like this:

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

JanethRoseBactad wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:26 pm Hi. Newbie here. Everything's not yet clear to me. I arrived here in PP last year august. Was invited by a friend, started my first job on the 5th of march this year. My visa is due on April 4. I have read about the new requirements. I only renew for 3 months. So what exactly are the requirements so I can do the right things. My employer is not khmer. Their business is not yet registered even if it's already 2y.o. am I running out of time? 😞😞😞
And we wonder why the need for difficulties :facepalm:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

John Bingham wrote: Any freelancers should be deported immediately. 8-)
The self-employed or those with independent means should of course be figured into these provisions. Many of them might not work here but do spend a lot of money here, they should be encouraged.
It's also likely that they want to put foreigners under a bit more scrutiny, and they don't want anyone "living off the grid", especially not when there are taxes to be collected. 8-)
Lucky Lucky just called me to say they can provide freelancers with work permits. All they need is a copy of your passport, and some passport photos. Good news if true. They also said they can do work permits for business owners. They just need a copy of the certificate of incorporation, passport copy, and photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

jah steu wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 am
Lucky Lucky just called me to say they can provide freelancers with work permits. All they need is a copy of your passport, and some passport photos. Good news if true. They also said they can do work permits for business owners. They just need a copy of the certificate of incorporation, passport copy, and photos.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iphone user implying that lucky lucky rings him at 6.30 am to tell him possible nonsense.
after all these years i think lucky lucky has more cred than that
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic