Where can I find Pita in Phnom Penh or Kampot?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Where can I find Pita?

Post by hanno »

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

hanno wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 pm Hummus House in PP: https://www.facebook.com/hummushousecambodia/
I should try there sometime.

One of the places at GSM does a good kebab, but the one on the corner (Mediterranean Cafe?) made me a "wrap" which was dry and horrible, not like a proper kebab.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

mmmm hummus :clap:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

timmydownawell wrote:
hanno wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 pm Hummus House in PP: https://www.facebook.com/hummushousecambodia/
I should try there sometime.

One of the places at GSM does a good kebab, but the one on the corner (Mediterranean Cafe?) made me a "wrap" which was dry and horrible, not like a proper kebab.
I see no photos of Pita bread. Hopefully this is no longer the case , but at every place I've been you get a "wrap" which is not Pita.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

whiteribbon wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:32 pm Don't know the English name for this kind of fast food, but in my birth country it's just called a Pitta and you can find it on every corner, usually served with loads of garlic sauce and a bit of salad. Had a craving for it since a couple of days but a quick google didn't deliver me any results. Any idea where I can find this in PP or Kampot?
It's called döner kebab (turkish version) or gyro (greek version) usually. Unfortunately I haven't found a proper pita place in Cambodia yet.

I'm pretty sure Hummus doesn't have pita breads. They only do flat bread shawarmas, which is not exactly what the OP is looking for.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Babylon on 350 do a good Iraqi version
Hummus House do a good Lebanese version
a South African guy and his missus does a strange but good kebab on st 135 and 460(?) for 6000៛
The cart in front of Niel's mini mart does a late night emergency version that shouldn't be consumed without a gut load a Anchor
The Turkish (?) place on the corner of 51 and 172 does a good one

Never found a good Greek souvlaki here

A good Turkish kebab like I used to get in front of the Brunswick market would be good right now..
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

epidemiks wrote:Babylon on 350 do a good Iraqi version
Hummus House do a good Lebanese version ...
If it was Lebanese they'd make the friggin pita instead of buying wraps at the supermarket. Lazy f@#$.

Using Tapatalk
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 pm
whiteribbon wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:32 pm Don't know the English name for this kind of fast food, but in my birth country it's just called a Pitta and you can find it on every corner, usually served with loads of garlic sauce and a bit of salad. Had a craving for it since a couple of days but a quick google didn't deliver me any results. Any idea where I can find this in PP or Kampot?
It's called döner kebab (turkish version) or gyro (greek version) usually. Unfortunately I haven't found a proper pita place in Cambodia yet.

I'm pretty sure Hummus doesn't have pita breads. They only do flat bread shawarmas, which is not exactly what the OP is looking for.
Looks like pita to me:

Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

There’s a guy at a corner at O’Russey, who sells pork meat pita, very Haram, just like me and all the other dogs...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oknha ... 9a39d8fb42
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

JBTrain wrote:
epidemiks wrote:Babylon on 350 do a good Iraqi version
Hummus House do a good Lebanese version ...
If it was Lebanese they'd make the friggin pita instead of buying wraps at the supermarket. Lazy f@#$.

The Bassac lane store has good bread. not sure if they make it but I remember it being better than a supermarket wrap.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic