multi-SIM mobile phones reviews?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Re: multi-SIM mobile phones reviews?

Post by paul2d »

I've had a Huawei Mate SE for about a week now and have grown to love it even though it's early days. It is essentially an upgraded Honor 7X: 64GB storage instead of 32, 4GB RAM instead of 3. Introductory price $229, free shipping Amazon. Dual SIM. Does not have splash/waterproof feature, but for the price if I drop it in the toilet I can easily just get another. Much cheaper than iPhone or Galaxy 9. Was thinking of Samsung A8-2018 (replacment for the A5-2017) but was put off by the skimpy 32GB storage and the approx $650 price tag: Gouging, by Samsung. Hope that helps anyone who is interested.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

My ZTE phone finally died in the arse a few weeks ago. It'd been limping along with multiple errors since October, and the internal memory was corrupt and unrepairable. Being on a tight budget I bought a Xiaomi Redmi 4A, which is a budget dual SIM phone, following specs:

Dual SIM (two SIMs *or* one SIM + MicroSD card)
2G/3G/4G
5" screen 720 x 1280
13MP main camera, 5MP front camera.
1080P video recording
Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
2GB RAM
16 or 32GB internal memory
3120 mAh battery
Comes with Android 6 but can immediately upgrade to 7
Price $120 locally, or $90 from Aliexpress

This is a great little phone. The only regret I have is that you can't insert two SIMs and a memory card all at once, although to get around that you can buy one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hybrid- ... 57467.html

Phone specs: https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4a-8420.php

Anyway if anyone's looking for a budget phone that's quite zippy and with a decent camera I recommend checking out Xiaomi. Just watch out that some of their models aren't 4G so check the specs.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

they dont call it scambodia for nothing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic